Are you going through a hard time moving on from a heartbreak? Did someone from your family passed away and you don’t know how to cope with the loss? These moving forward quotes will encourage you to stay strong and to keep on going. Better things are coming, just keep moving forward and enjoy this journey called life.
Moving Forward Quotes
1. The truth is unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward. – Steve Maraboli
2. Sometimes life knocks you on your ass get up, get up, get up. Happiness is not the absence of problems, it’s the ability to deal with them. – Steve Maraboli
3. Be brave and take risks. You need to have faith in yourself. Be brave and take risks. You don’t have to have it all figured out to move forward. – Roy T. Bennett
4. Study the past if you would define the future. – Confucius
5. “Go back?” he thought. “No good at all! Go sideways? Impossible! Go forward? Only thing to do! On we go!” So up he got, and trotted along with his little sword held in front of him and one hand feeling the wall, and his heart all of a patter and a pitter. – J.R.R. Tolkien
6. It is always important to know when something has reached its end. Closing circles, shutting doors, finishing chapters, it doesn’t matter what we call it, what matters is to leave in the past those moments in life that are over. – Paulo Coelho
7. My heart might be bruised, but it will recover and become capable of seeing the beauty of life once more. It’s happened before, it will happen again, I’m sure. When someone leaves, it’s because someone else is about to arrive, I’ll find love again. – Paulo Coelho
8. The only thing a person can ever really do is keep moving forward. Take that big leap forward without hesitation, without once looking back. Simply forget the past and forge toward the future. – Alyson Noel
9. My father taught me that you can you read a hundred books on wisdom and write a hundred books on wisdom, but unless you apply what you learned then its only words on a page. Life is not lived with intentions, but action. – Shannon Alder
10. Maybe we tried to leave as much memories of ourselves with each other because we knew one day we wouldn’t be together any more. – Makoto Shinkai
11. You need to have faith in yourself. Be brave and take risks. You don’t have to have it all figured out to move forward. – Roy T. Bennett
12. Because if you take a risk, you just might find what you’re looking for. – Susane Colasanti
13. When you have something to do life will not allow you to move foward until you do it. – Iyanla Vanzant
14. I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them. – Roger Zelazny
15. There’s only one place I want to go and it’s to all the places I’ve never been. – Nikki rowe
16. There was a smile dancing on his lips, although it was a wary smile, for the world is a bigger place than a little graveyard on a hill; and there would be dangers in it and mysteries, new friends to make, old friends to rediscover, mistakes to be made and many paths to be walked before he would, finally, return to the graveyard or ride with the Lady on the broad back of her great grey stallion. – Neil Gaiman
17. Change has to come for life to struggle forward. – Helen Hollick
18. This wasn’t prayer anyway, it was just an argument with the gods. Prayer, he suspected as he hoisted himself up and turned for the door, was putting one foot in front of the other. Moving all the same. – Lois McMaster Bujold
19. If a castle gets destroyed, you just build a new one. If you wanted me to I’d build them over and over. Let’s build them together. – Fuyumi Soryo
20. Rehashing the past wouldn’t change anything. Time to move forward. – Zena Wynn
21. And I just think that if you believe in something and you want it so much and you’re not hurting anyone else, you have to go for it. Which sometimes means taking a risk, even if it’s scary. But the thing you want most to happen doesn’t stand a chance unless you give it one. – Susane Colasanti
22. As my Popo used to say, life is a tapestry we weave day by day with threads of different colors, some heavy and dark, others thin and bright, all the threads having their uses. The stupid things I did are already in the tapestry, indelible, but I’m not going to be weighed down by them till I die. What’s done is done; I have to look ahead. – Isabel Allende
23. We keep moving forward, opening new doors and doing new things, because we’re curious, and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. – Walt Disney
24. You thought you had the choice to stay still or move forward, but you didn’t. As long as your heart kept pumping and your blood kept blowing and your lungs kept filling, you didn’t. The pang she felt for Tibby carried something like envy. You couldn’t stand still for anything short of death, and God knew she had tried. – Ann Brashares
25. She understands now what she, in all her worry, had forgotten. That even as she hesitates and wavers, even as she thinks too much and moves too cautiously, she doesn’t always have to get it right. It’s okay to look back, even as you move forward. – Jennifer E. Smith
26. Even a rock moves on. – Anthony Liccione
27. No one can save me except myself. – Susane Colasanti
28. Because my life isn’t going to wait around while I figure out how to make it work. – Susane Colasanti
29. I thought following a straight road would lead me right to my destination. Like the road would just take me there because I was following all the rules. And if the road curved, I couldn’t be sure about where I was going. But look where it got me. Maybe it’s time for a detour. – Susane Colasanti
30. When the world is at your back, and your heart is at your feet the best way to go on is to just “be”. – Jennifer Varnadore
31. Life is about how much you can take and keep fighting, how much you can suffer and keep moving forward. – Anderson Silva
32. Looking back isn’t going to help you. Moving forward is the thing you have to do. – McKayla Maroney
33. I am grateful for all the moments that I have, and I’m moving forward one step at a time to the future. – Park Bo-gum
34. Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer. – Denis Waitley
35. There’s no time for regrets. You’ve just got to keep moving forward. – Mike McCready
36. I think that the power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done. – Robert Downey, Jr.
37. If someone says something hurtful to you or makes you feel down on yourself, then you just gotta stay positive and keep moving forward because they might not know much about you, or they may not understand the situation. – Jazz Jennings
38. It’s a long road, so we are just trying to stay focused and grounded and keep moving forward. I’ll take it, though. – Sturgill Simpson
39. You have to come to your closed doors before you get to your open doors. What if you knew you had to go through 32 closed doors before you got to your open door? Well, then you’d come to closed door number eight and you’d think, ‘Great, I got another one out of the way’. Keep moving forward. – Joel Osteen
40. I think the only way for you to grow and evolve is to keep listening, keep moving forward, keep jumping in and trying to experience. – Dianne Reeves
41. The most important thing any broken individual can do is keep their chin up and keep moving forward. – Matt Hardy
42. Don’t hold on to the past, it won’t help in moving forward. Dare to dream big. – Rajeev Suri
43. Sometimes, we find what we want by also finding out what you don’t want. All of that is trial and error. Once you’re in that pit, the trial and error is important. It’s up to us; we’ve got to keep moving forward. – Cat Zingano
44. Forgiveness is a way of opening up the doors again and moving forward, whether it’s a personal life or a national life. – Hillary Clinton
45. You just keep moving forward and doing what you do and hope that it resonates with people. And if it doesn’t, you just keep moving on until you find a project that does. – Octavia Spencer
46. My style is to stay on the offensive, to take risks, to recover very fast when you make a mistake, but to keep moving forward. – Newt Gingrich
47. I am able to get up and dust myself off and keep moving forward. I’m very stubborn. – Rita Moreno
48. There’s some real dark days where you just feel like the story is falling apart in every one. Just keep moving forward, even when you are bluffing, even when you don’t quite know what is going to happen next. – Dan Scanlon
49. If I feel like things are getting into a routine, I want them to be different. I need to keep improving and keep moving forward. – Joe Bonamassa
50. The only person that ever stumbles is a guy moving forward. You don’t stumble backwards; you stumble forward, and you never stumble when you’re stationary. So don’t worry about stumbling. Keep pushing it forward. – James Carville
51. I never wanted to go back and relive the glory days. I just want to keep moving forward. That’s what I took from punk. Keep going. Don’t look back. – Paul Simonon
52. I’ve always been taught that life is a series of chapters, and it’s all about moving forward and not carrying around baggage. – Alesha Dixon
53. Abraham wasn’t perfect. He failed, made mistakes. But, he would go back, get right with God, and then just keep moving forward. He didn’t quit when things got hard. He just kept on going. And everywhere he went, God was there. God was with him. – Anne Graham Lotz
54. Look at what you want to change, gather a few people who believe in it like you do, and start moving forward. It’s important to remember that you don’t always need a destination. Sometimes, you just have to make forward motion. And you absolutely can. – Debby Ryan
55. A lot of emotional stress that people go through, some people figure out a way to handle it. They have a strong enough support system to keep going and keep moving forward. And some people, they feel like they don’t have that outlet. – Terrell Owens
56. Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose. – Lyndon B. Johnson
57. If you’re going through hell, keep going. – Winston Churchill
58. Sooner or later we’ve all got to let go of our past. – Dan Brown
59. Sometimes the hardest part isn’t letting go but rather learning to start over. – Nicole Sobon
60. When life seems hopeless, rearrange things for a dose of dopeness. – Kid Cudi
61. In the process of letting go you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself. – Deepak Chopra
62. Even if you fall on your face, you’re still moving forward. – Victor Kiam
63. Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it. – Justin Timberlake
64. The only thing a person can ever really do is keep moving forward. Take that big leap forward without hesitation, without once looking back. Simply forget the past and forge toward the future. – Alyson Noel
65. Change has to come for life to struggle forward. – Helen Hollick
66. If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself. – Henry Ford
67. A bridge can still be built, while the bitter waters are flowing beneath. – Anthony Liccione
68. Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go. – Herman Hesse
69. To let go is to release the images and emotions, the grudges and fears, the clingings and disappointments of the past that bind our spirit. – Jack Kornfield
70. We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us. – Joseph Campbell
71. You’ve got to make a conscious choice every day to shed the old whatever “the old” means for you. – Sarah Ban Breathnach
72. There’s an important difference between giving up and letting go. – Jessica Hatchigan
73. Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it. – Ann Lander
74. Forgiveness means letting go of the past. – Gerald Jampolsky
75. Courage is the power to let go of the familiar. – Raymond Lindquist
76. If you love something, you have to let it go.
77. It is important that we forgive ourselves for making mistakes. We need to learn from our errors and move on. – Steve Maraboli
78. All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on. – Havelock Ellis
79. When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need. – Tao Te Ching
80. Nirvana means to extinguish the burning fires of the Three Poison. Greed, anger, and ignorance. This can be accomplished by letting go of dissatisfaction. – Shinjo Ito
81. When you let go, you are truly free.
82. You don’t need strength to let go of something. What you really need is understanding. – Guy Finley
83. Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values. – Dalai Lama
84. You’ve gotta know when it’s time to turn the page. – Tori Amos
85. Life moves on and so should we. – Spencer Johnson
86. Study the past if you would define the future. – Confucius
87. Sometimes you have to take a step back to move forward. – Erika Taylor
88. Broken hearts hurt but they will make you strong.
89. Life moves forward. The old leaves wither, die and fall away, and the new growth extends forward into the light. – Bryant McGill
90. Even a rock moves on. – Anthony Liccione
91. Time flies, people change. You’re not always needed. There are times to move forward and places to let go.
92. Let go of your attachment to being right, and suddenly your mind is more open. – Ralph Marston
93. Holding on is believing that there’s only a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future. – Daphne Rose Kingma
94. You can only lose what you cling to. – Buddha
95. Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself. – Deborah Reber
96. Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance, you must keep moving. – Albert Einstein
97. You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.
98. As I look back on my life, I realized that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being re-directed to something better.
99. Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.
100. What good is living a life you’ve been given if all you do is stand in one place.
101. The hardest part about moving forward is not looking back.
102. Don’t look back you’re not going that way.
103. If you’re not moving forward, you’re falling back. – Sam Waterson
104. Moving forward is making things happen.
105. Faith is moving forward even when things don’t make sense, trusting that in hindsight everything will become clear. – Many Hale
106. I’m looking forward to the future, and feeling grateful for the past. – Mike Rowe
107. Set your goal and keep moving forward. – Georges St-Pierre
108. Life goes on, whether you choose to move on and take a chance in the unknown or stay behind, locked in the past, thinking of what could’ve been.
109. You know you are on the right track when you become uninterested in looking back.
110. You can’t reach what’s in front of you until you let go of what’s behind you.
111. The best career advice I’ve gotten is to stay focused, and to keep moving forward. – Tyga
112. You don’t have to have it all figured out to move forward. Just take the next step.
113. Where you moving? I said, onto better things.
114. Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer. – Denis Waitley
115. Just keep moving forward and don’t give a damn about what anybody thinks. Do what you have to do, for you. – Johnny Depp
116. If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward. – Martin Luther King Jr
117. When you bring peace to your past, you can move forward to your future.
118. You are always a student, never a master. You have to keep moving forward. – Conrad Hall
119. Those who move forward with a happy spirit will find that things always work out. – Gordon B. Hinkley
120. Life is about moving on, accepting changes and looking forward to what makes you stronger and more complete.
121. Growth is painful. Change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don’t belong.
122. Sometimes God closes doors because it’s time to move forward. He knows you won’t move unless your circumstances force you. Trust the transition. God’s got you.
123. Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come. Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome.
124. If we fail to adapt, we fail to move forward. – John Wooden
125. Move forward with purpose. – Sherrilyn Kenyon
126. Let us move forward with strong and active faith. – Franklin D. Roosevelt
127. If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello. – Paulo Coelho
128. No matter what you may believe, you have the ability to change the circumstances of your life. You can go from average to success, mediocrity to wealth. – Tom Corley
129. Dissatisfaction is a great starting point, for it is right there that we have the most power, strength, and energy to push change through. – David DeNotaris
130. Every single day is an opportunity for you to start anew. I call this my ’24-hour Reset Button.’ – Tamara Tilleman
131. You’ve got to be able to acknowledge and understand the past and move on from it. You have to understand it, and I think a lot of us just don’t have an opportunity to understand it, but it’s there. – Michelle Obama
132. You just have to keep driving down the road. It’s going to bend and curve and you’ll speed up and slow down, but the road keeps going. – Elllen DeGeneres
133. Acknowledge the mistake and move on. Or, as Siri used to say, there’s always time to kick yourself later. – Ferus Olin
134. When you look back, lose your place on the path, you do. – Yoda
135. March on. Do not tarry. To go forward is to move toward perfection. March on, and fear not the thorns, or the sharp stones on life’s path. – Kahlil Gibran
136. Having perseverance is all about being able to bounce back and keep moving forward. – Jason Scotts
137. Take the changes in stride, and understand that you may have setbacks. Instead of focusing on that, make sure to keep moving forward. – Esther King
138. You’re not really free until you’re free from trying to please everybody. – Joel Osteen
139. The energy it takes to take that step is within you if you are really serious about moving forward with a determination to get to the end, the goal, and the accomplishment. – Byron Pulsifer
140. If you’re satisfied with everything you’re just going to stay at one level and the world will move ahead. – Michael Jackson
141. One of the happiest moments in life is when you find the courage to let go of what you can’t change.
142. You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.
143. Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose. – Lyndon B. Johnson
144. Inhale the future, exhale the past.
145. As I look back on my life, I realized that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being re-directed to something better.
146. You are always a student, never a master. You have to keep moving forward. – Conrad Hall
147. There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind. – C. S. Lewis
148. Persistence, the ability to keep moving forward, in spite of difficulties. – Byron Pulsifer
149. Every great journey begins with one step and it begins with moving forward, turning on the engine, and shifting into the right gear at the right time. Remember, going through pain is temporary and it will subside, but quitting on the other hand lasts forever. – Louie Herron
150. God wants us to be ever moving forward so we can discover the fullness of the life He came to provide. And as people who follow Him, we want to go forward too. We desire all the fullness of life that God offers to us. – Doug Fields
151. Do not be discouraged if someone copies you. Copying is a compliment – you are doing it right. It also gives you the opportunity to grow and move beyond what is now being copied. Keep moving forward. – Catherine Pulsifer
152. Never give up. When your heart becomes tired, just walk with your legs, but move on. – Paulo Coelho