We all could use a little compliment from other people. Everyone doubts themselves on occasion but if you just take a minute to observe the people around you, you might start seeing the beauty in others and begin to see the beauty within you as well. Remind yourself you’re special or tell someone you know who deserves to know they’re special. Here are quotes that will help you find the right words to say with just the right amount of emotion.
You Are Special Quotes
1. It’s hard when you miss people. But you know if you miss them, that means you’re lucky. It means you had someone special in your life, someone worth missing. – Nikki Schiefelbein
2. One day someone will fall in love with you despite all your flaws. Then magic will happen in your life. – Avijeet Das
3. When life gives you someone very special, you don’t have to dream anymore. – M.F. Moonzajer
4. Don’t be afraid to go that extra mile for someone special, because that person will go the extra mile for you. – Ben Kalcher
5. Sometimes we meet someone and feel like we have known them all our lives. – Avijeet Das
6. To have a love that is pure and honest is the most beautiful feeling in the world. To be loyal to someone is the heart’s innermost desire. Someone who understands you and completes you. Someone who loves you as crazily as you love that someone. – Avijeet Das
7. Love is a hidden treasure. You never know you have it until someone special reveals it. – Debasish Mridha
8. Withdraw from talking about leaving someone behind. Just rekindle the friendship and love while you still have that moment together. – RSCruz
9. You are lovelier than all the roses in the world. – Avijeet Das
10. How difficult it must be to leave a place called home, along with all the bitter sweet memories attached, for someone special and later on visit the same place as a guest. – Swati Kumar
11. Love is where your heart is, and my love is here with you. – Anthony T. Hincks
12. Someone as special as him is hard to find. Impossible to forget, impossible to deny. My desire for him becomes more and more unbearable. I feel like I can’t breathe anymore. – Lily Amis
13. If you have someone in your life who makes you feel loved and cared and inspires you then you are truly blessed. – Avijeet Das
14. And then she remembered the stranger. She had met him on an April afternoon. In his presence she had felt feelings that she had never felt before. The stranger had touched the innermost parts of her heart. He had done it by just his words. And his presence had made her feel as if she was in a spell. – Avijeet Das
15. Choose someone who makes you feel serene and contented. Someone who understands you and your feelings. Someone who makes you feel calm. Someone who connects with you deeply and soulfully. Someone who knows you like they know their own soul. – Avijeet Das
16. You are not one in a million, you are one in 7.7 billion. – Matshona Dhliwayo
17. The world is full of many wonders, you are one of them. – Matshona Dhliwayo
18. If roses were not special weeds would not envy them. – Matshona Dhliwayo
19. You are a special flower blossoming among many; without you, the garden is incomplete. – Matshona T. Dhliwayo
20. If you don’t know your worth, people will put a cheap price tag on you. – Matshona Dhliwayo
21. Though you are as a drop in the ocean, without you, the universe would be empty. – Matshona Dhliwayo
22. Value yourself because you are special. Appreciate yourself because you are unique. Cherish yourself because you are exceptional. Love yourself because you are you. – Matshona Dhliwayo
23. Ignore those who resent you. Avoid those who begrudge you. Excuse those who envy you. Pity those who hate you. – Matshona Dhliwayo
24. A diamond is just another stone to one who is ignorant of its value. – Matshona Dhliwayo
25. They know your face, but not your mind. They understand your words, but not your heart. They hear your name, but not your soul. They grasp your past, but not your future. – Matshona Dhliwayo
26. Be the woman who fixes another woman’s crown, without telling the world that it was crooked. – The Funny Beaver
27. Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think and loved more than you know.
28. Life is tough, but so are you. – Brit Morin
29. She overcame everything that was meant to destroy her. – Saffron Avenue
30. Let your smile change the world, but don’t let the world change your smile.
31. Be proud of how hard you are trying. – Lauren Conrad
32. You made it, so it has to be good. – A.C. Moore
33. You are fucking special. – Emily Ratay
34. You, I just want you to know that you’re very special, and the reason I’m telling you is that I don’t know if anyone else ever has. No one is you. That is what makes you special. – Rhea Freeman
35. I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. – Maya Angelou
36. You were born an original. Don’t die a copy. – John Mason
37. Just be yourself. Let people see the real, imperfect, flawed, quirky, weird, beautiful, magical person that you are. – Mandy Hale
38. Smile at strangers and you just might change a life. – Steve Maraboli
39. Be somebody who makes everybody feel like a somebody. – Kid President
40. You’re awake. You’re awesome. Live like it. – Kid President
41. Butterflies don’t know the color of their wings, but human eyes know how beautiful it is. Likewise, you don’t know how good you are, but others can see that you are special.
42. You don’t have to be perfect to be amazing. – Anna Kutukova
43. Some people make the world special just by being in it.
44. I am large. I contain multitudes. – Walt Whitman
45. One kind word can change someone’s entire day. – The Golden Rule
46. Always remember, you are loved. – Katrina
47. We are all different, and that’s beautiful. – Karen Salmansohn
48. You matter. – Jessica Hood
49. You are kind, you are smart, you are important. – Nanny Aibileen Clack
50. It takes someone very special to help you forget someone very special. – Erich Segal
51. A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow. – William Shakespeare
52. A friend is someone you can be alone with and have nothing to do and not be able to think of anything to say and be comfortable in the silence. – Sheryl Condie
53. A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, takes all patiently, defends courageously, and continues a friend unchangeably. – William Penn
54. An older sister is a friend and defender a listener, conspirator, a counsellor and a sharer of delights. And sorrows too. – Pam Brown
55. A friend is one who has the same enemies as you have. – Abraham Lincoln
56. Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light. – Helen Keller
57. A brother is a friend provided by nature. – Legouve Pere
58. Find someone who openly communicates their feelings. Someone who realizes that you’re not perfect and never expects you to be. – Brigitte Nicole
59. Somewhere on this planet is your best friend. Find that person. – Omar Kiam
60. A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you. – Elbert Hubbard
61. Good friends help you to find important things when you have lost them – your smile, your hope, and your courage. – Doe Zantamata
62. I believe in angels, the kind that heaven sends. I’m surrounded by angels, and I call them my best friends. – Pamela Daranjo
63. A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails. – Donna Roberts
64. Best friends can turn a horrible day into one of the best days of your life. – Nathanael Richmond
65. A friend is the one who comes in when the whole world has gone out. – Grace Pulpit
66. Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends leave footprints in your heart. – Eleanor Roosevelt
67. The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart. – Elisabeth Foley
68. Call your mother. Tell her you love her. Remember, you’re the only person who knows what her heart sounds like from the inside. – Rachel Wolchin
69. A mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled. – Emily Dickinson
70. Any mother could perform the jobs of several air traffic controllers with ease. – Lisa Alther
71. There’s nothing like a mama-hug. – Terri Guillemets
72. Mom. The person most likely to write an autobiography and never mention herself. – Robert Brault
73. A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary. – Dorothy Canfield Fisher
74. The phrase ‘working mother’ is redundant. – Jane Sellman
75. A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again. – Enid Bagnold
76. A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they’re not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they’re not so bad. – Arnold H. Glasgow
77. Keep all special thoughts and memories for lifetimes to come. Share these keepsakes with others to inspire hope and build from the past, which can bridge to the future. – Mattie Stepanek
78. Hard work opens doors and shows the world that you are serious about being one of those rare – and special human beings who use the fullness of their talents to do their very best. – Robin S. Sharma
79. Sometimes even the greatest joys bring challenge, and children with special needs inspire a very, very special love. – Sarah Palin
80. When I put a bicycle wheel on a stool, the fork down, there was no idea of a ‘ready-made’ or anything else. It was just a distraction. I didn’t have any special reason to do it, or any intention of showing it or describing anything. – Marcel Duchamp
81. Unlike a lot of people, I don’t feel powerless. I know I can do something. But anyone can do something, it’s not about being special. It’s about deciding to do it to dive into work for peace and justice and care for everybody on the planet. – Patch Adams
82. Photoshop makes things look beautiful just as you have special effects in movies. It’s just a part of life. – Erin Heatherton
83. There’s something special about shoes, they give you a high like nothing else. – Edgardo Osorio
84. It’s easy to find people, colleagues and associates, but it hard to find friends we can truly depend on. You are my friend and your kind is extremely unique.
85. Whenever I think to know you I end up glowing, you are a wonder.
86. There are wonders of the world, you are a wonder of the heart.
87. You are special because of the goodness of your heart.
88. I don’t know where I would be without you in my life, all I know is I am never letting you go.
89. You are more precious than gold to me.
90. A diamond has less value when compared to you.
91. When we first met, I wondered how long we would last, now I don’t want to ever let go.
92. You are a very important part of my life, I can’t imagine life without you.
93. Whenever I remember when we first began, how far we have come, I never want to think of an end for us and to us. You are priceless.
94. No one fits the description special like you do. You are special in every way and dear to my heart.
95. I thank God every day for bringing you my way, for your kind heart and winning smile. You are truly loved.
96. Amazing is the word I think of when I think of you, you really are an amazing person in character and personality and the way you make others feel.
97. I am mad at you. I never knew I could love someone this much till I met you. You are special to me and I would always cherish you.
98. It feels wonderful like I am walking on clouds whenever memories of you flood my mind and my heart. You are the definition of exquisite.
99. Wealth, health, fame and living holds no appeal without you by my side and in my life. You are a wonder. I am blessed to know you.
100. Look, I guarantee there’ll be tough times. I guarantee that at some time, one or both of us is gonna want to get out of this thing. But I also guarantee that if I don’t ask you to be mine, I’ll regret it for the rest of my life, because I know, in my heart, you’re the only one for me. – Runaway Bride
101. Take love, multiply it by infinity and take it to the depths of forever and you still have only a glimpse of how I feel for you. – Meet Joe Black
102. There are millions of people in this world. But in the end, it all comes down to one. – Crazy Beautiful
103. Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others and the delight in the recognition. – Alexander Smith
104. My night has become a sunny dawn because of you. – Ibn Abbad
105. Love is patient and kind, love is not jealous or conceited or proud, love is not ill mannered, or selfish or irritable. Love does not keep a record of wrongs. Love is not happy with evil, but it is happy with the truth. Love never gives up, its faith, hope and patience never fail. – 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
106. We were given two hands to hold. Two legs to walk, two eyes to see, two ears to listen. But why only one heart, because the other was given to someone else for us to find.
107. As we grow older together, as we continue to change with age, there is one thing that will never change I will always keep falling in love with you. – Karen Clodfelder
108. I love you without reason and that is reason enough.
109. If I know what love is, it is because of you. – Hermann Hesse
110. I love you those three words have my life in them. – Tsarina Alexandra
111. I love you not only for who you are, but for who I am when I am with you. – Roy Croft
112. I may not get to see you as often as I like or get to hold you in my arms every night. But deep down I know you’re the one I love.
113. You’re my very special love.
114. And then my soul saw you and it kind of went, oh there you are. I’ve been looking for you.
115. I fell in love the way you fall asleep slowly, then all at once. – John Green
116. Forever isn’t long at all when I’m with you. – Winnie the Pooh
117. It’s you. You’re the one I talk about all the time, the one I can’t stop thinking about. The one that can make me laugh when I don’t even want to smile, the one that can make me feel better in 2.2 seconds. It’s you that I’m crazy about.
118. Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind. – Bernard M. Maruch
119. Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. – Marilyn Monroe
120. Be yourself, everyone else is already taken. – Oscar Wilde
121. Follow your inner moonlight, don’t hide the madness. – Allen Ginsberg
122. Faithless to be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
123. You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them. – Maya Angelou
124. About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won’t like you at all. – Rita Mae Brown
125. Be yourself, don’t take anything from anyone, and never let them take you alive. – Gerard Way
126. You cannot change what you are, only what you do. – Philip Pullman
127. You are you. Now, isn’t that pleasant. – Dr. Seuss
128. Art and life really are the same, and both can only be about a spiritual journey, a path towards a reunion with a supreme creator, with god, with the divine; and this is true no matter how unlikely, how strange, how unorthodox, one’s particular life path might appear to one’s self or others at any given moment. – Genesis P-Orridge
129. I don’t care what you think about me. I don’t think about you at all. – Coco Chanel
130. I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet. – Mahatma Gandhi
131. Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else. – Judy Garland
132. To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting. – E.E. Cummings
133. God has given you one face, and you make yourself another. – William Shakespeare
134. The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself. – Friedrich Nietzsche
135. Where’s your will to be weird. – Jim Morrison
136. Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else’s opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.– Oscar Wilde
137. If you cannot be a poet, be the poem. – David Carradine
138. I find the best way to love someone is not to change them, but instead, help them reveal the greatest version of themselves. – Steve Maraboli
139. There is nothing more awful, insulting, and depressing than banality. – Anton Chekhov
140. I will not hide my tastes or aversions. I will so trust that what is deep is holy, that I will do strongly before the sun and moon whatever only rejoices me, and the heart appoints. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
141. Find out who you are and do it on purpose. – Dolly Parton
142. Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another. – Homer
143. If you can’t love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else. – RuPaul
144. They can’t scare me, if I scare them first. – Lady Gaga
145. Don’t be into trends. Don’t make fashion own you, but you decide what you are, what you want to express by the way you dress and the way to live. – Gianni Versace
146. Our time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. – Steve Jobs
147. An unfulfilled vocation drains the color from a man’s entire existence. – Balzac
148. When I was a child my mother said to me, if you become a soldier, you’ll be a general. If you become a monk, you’ll be the pope. Instead I became a painter and wound up as Picasso. – Picasso
149. Follow your own star. – Dante Alighieri
150. You are not a bad person because you are gay. You are you because you are you and you were meant to be you so be you proudly. – Tegan Quin
151. Don’t let others box you into their idea of what they think you should be. A confined identity is a miserable way to exist. Be you and live free. Trust that in living true to yourself, you will attract people that support and love you, just as you are. – Jaeda deWalt
152. If you want to be yourself, sometimes you can’t compare the economic benefit with art. – Kelly Liang
153. To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater. – Bono
154. Learn to be what you are, and learn to resign with a good grace all that you are not. – Henri Frederic Amiel
155. Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth. – Benjamin Disraeli
156. If God had wanted me otherwise, He would have created me otherwise. – Johann von Goethe
157. The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere. – Anne Morrow Lindbergh
158. At bottom every man knows well enough that he is a unique being, only once on this earth; and by no extraordinary chance will such a marvelously picturesque piece of diversity in unity as he is, ever be put together a second time. – Friedrich Nietzsche
159. We all wear masks, and the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing some of our own skin. – Andre Berthiaume
160. One’s real life is often the life that one does not lead. – Oscar Wilde
161. It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not. – Andre Gide
162. Taking into account the public’s regrettable lack of taste, it is incumbent upon you not to fit in. – Janeane Garofalo
163. Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it’s simply a way of your own. – Angelina Jolie
164. I feel that the simplicity of life is just being yourself. – Bobby Brown
165. Don’t dilute yourself for any person or any reason. You are enough! Be unapologetically you. – Steve Mariboli
166. A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself-and specially to feel, or not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at any moment is fine with them. That’s what real love amounts to letting a person be what he really is. – Jim Morrison