It’s easy to get caught up by the problems we face every day, but we sometimes forget how short life really is. We have to enjoy each day because we don’t know when our life is going to end. These quotes about how short life is will remind you to live your life to the fullest no matter what comes your way. Copy and paste this in your wall just in case you need a little reminder today!
Life Is Short Quotes
1. Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. – Robert Louis Stevenson
2. Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. Every moment is a fresh beginning. – T.S. Eliot
4. Without His love I can do nothing, with His love there is nothing I cannot do.
5. Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear. – George Addair
6. Begin at the beginninG and go on till you come to the end, then stop. – Lewis Carroll
7. Make each day your masterpiece. – John Wooden
8. Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them. – Marcus Aurelius
9. Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence. – Vince Lombard
10. Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success. – Swami Sivananda
11. Wherever you go, go with all your heart. – Confucius
12. You cannot tailor-make the situations in life but you can tailor-make the attitudes to fit those situations. – Zig Ziglar
13. There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. – Edith Wharton
14. It is never too late to be what you might have been. – George Eliot
15. The day is what you make it! So why not make it a great one. – Steve Schulte
16. The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet. – Aristotle
17. Tough times never last, but tough people do. – Dr. Robert Schuller
18. To be the best, you must be able to handle the worst. – Wilson Kanadi
19. What we’ve got to do is keep hope alive. Because without it we’ll sink. – John Lennon
20. Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourselves. – Chanakya
21. The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. – Bruce Lee
22. Believe and act as if it were impossible to fail. – Charles Kettering
23. Action is the foundational key to all success. – Pablo Picasso
24. Turn your wounds into wisdom. – Oprah Winfrey
25. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. – Buddha
26. You must be the change you wish to see in the world. – Gandhi
27. I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. – Jimmy Dean
28. Don’t regret the past, just learn from it. – Ben Ipock
29. Keep your face always toward the sunshine – and shadows will fall behind you. – Walt Whitman
30. The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude. – Oprah Winfrey
31. In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. – Albert Einstein
32. Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones. – Ralph Emerson
33. It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves. – Edmund Hillary
34. He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. – Friedrich Nietzsche
35. Defeat may serve as well as victory to shake the soul and let the glory out. – Edwin Markham
36. Begin anywhere. – John Cage
37. If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one. – Dolly Parton
38. Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. – Goethe
39. Overcome the notion that you must be regular. It robs you of the chance to be extraordinary. – Uta Hagen
40. Have faith in yourself and in the future. – Ted Kennedy
41. It’s kind of fun to do the impossible. – Walt Disney
42. Everything you can imagine is real. – Pablo Picasso
43. Find your purpose and fling your life out to it. Find a way or make one. Try with all your might. Self-made or never made. – Orison Swett Marden
44. Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle. – Christian D. Larson
45. Most obstacles melt away when we make up our minds to walk boldly through them. – Orison Swett Marden
46. Find out who you are and do it on purpose. – Dolly Parton
47. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. – Eleanor Roosevelt
48. Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
49. What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
50. If we all did the things we are capable of doing we would literally astound ourselves. – Thomas Edison
51. You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. – C. S. Lewis
52. Dreams are illustrations from the book your soul is writing about you. – Marsha Norman
53. Faith is to believe what you do not see the reward of this faith is to see what you believe. – Saint Augustine
54. A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. – Hugh Downs
55. The only journey is the one within. – Rainer Maria Rilke
56. The degree of responsibility you take for your life determines how much change you can create in it. – Celestine Chua
57. Start where you are, with what you have, and that will always lead you into something greater. – Mary Manin Morrissey
58. The really great man is the man who makes every man feel great. – G. K. Chesterton
59. Be willing to be a beginner every single morning. – Meister Eckhart
60. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. – Howard Thurman
61. Your own path you make with every step you take. That’s why it’s your path. – Joseph Campbell
62. If the mind thinks with a believing attitude one can do amazing things. – Norman Vincent Peale
63. Anything I’ve ever done that ultimately was worthwhile initially scared me to death. – Betty Bender
64. As fast as each opportunity presents itself, use it. No matter how tiny an opportunity it may be, use it. – Robert Collier
65. The golden opportunity you are seeking is in yourself. – Orison Sweet Marden
66. The greatest act of faith some days is to simply get up and face another day. – Amy Gatliff
67. Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. – Vincent Van Gogh
68. There is real magic in enthusiasm. It spells the difference between mediocrity and accomplishment. – Norman Vincent Peale
69. Compassion is language the deaf can hear and the blind can see. – Mark Twain
70. The art of living lies less in eliminating our troubles than in growing with them. – Bernard Baruch
71. It doesn’t matter who you are, where you come from. The ability to triumph begins with you. Always. – Oprah Winfrey
72. Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do. – Ben Spock
73. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. – Henry Thoreau
74. I’m not afraid of storms, for I’m learning to sail my ship. – Louisa May Alcott
75. If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it. – Margaret Fuller
76. If your ship doesn’t come in, swim out to it. – Jonathan Winters
77. It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. – Mabel Newcomber
78. Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. – George Bernard Shaw
79. The best way to prepare for life is to begin to live. – Elbert Hubbard
80. Life is short, and if we enjoy every moment of every day, then we will be happy no matter what happens or what changes along the way. – Gretchen Bleiler
81. Love who you want to love. Life is short. Nobody’s going to hate you for it. – Shane Dawson
82. Life is short, so go for things you enjoy. – Darcey Bussell
83. Life is short. You have to be able to laugh at our pain or we never move on. – Jeff Ross
84. Life is short and the older you get, the more you feel it. Indeed, the shorter it is. People lose their capacity to walk, run, travel, think, and experience life. I realise how important it is to use the time I have. – Viggo Mortensen
85. Life is short, and, once somebody is gone, they’re gone. – Roscoe Mitchell
86. If it’s going to make you happy, go for it – life is short. – Tiffany Darwish
87. Life is short, so there is no reason why you shouldn’t live it to the fullest expression of yourself. – Coy Bowles
88. I don’t want to give people the wrong advice to follow their dreams no matter what, because it’s not fun to be a starving artist. But on the other hand, life is short, and if you are burning with a passion to do something, then do it. Work hard, study hard at it, and don’t give up. – Marjorie Liu
89. Life is short, and nobody knows what’s around the corner, but I’m up for lots of new challenges. – Ashley Roberts
90. The art is long, life is short. – Hippocrates
91. Life is short, and every moment is precious. – Gad Saad
92. Life is short. You’ve got to live your dreams. – Tiffany Darwish
93. I believe that life is short, and there is too much time wasted bearing grudges, and I like to move on. – Sam Taylor-Johnson
94. Life is short and if you’re looking for extension, you had best do well. ‘Cause there’s good deeds and then there’s good intentions. They are as far apart as Heaven and Hell. – Ben Harper
95. Life is short, and it is here to be lived. – Kate Winslet
96. Life is short, but it’s long enough to ruin any man who wants to be ruined. – Josh Billings
97. When I was younger I probably didn’t understand something basic about tact, but I think it kept faint-hearted people at arm’s distance and that’s not such a bad thing, because life is short and I know the kind of people I want to work with. – Debra Winger
98. I think what we’re attracted to on the page is something that is very difficult to do in life, which is to examine in what seems like a moment. To examine what we can’t do in life very well, which is to be as present and accountable to what an experience is. That’s why life is short and art is very long. – Hilton Als
99.I wish for a world where people understand that life is short. So today’s the time to do big things. – Robin S. Sharma
100. I feel that life is short, so we should be disciplined, but at the same time we should have a good time. – Wyclef Jean
101. I always say, ‘Man, the Creator is preparing me for something. He’s keeping the sun on me for some reason. He’s keeping me aligned with that generation.’ Because I genuinely love people, I love hip-hop, and I love using it as a tool to communicate and to create a better vibration. Life is short. I guess I’m lined up for a reason. – Doug E. Fresh
102. I want to do everything. That’s my problem. Life is short, and I hate the idea of turning down anything. You never know what interesting experience might happen. – Joshua Bell
103. Life is short. Do whatever you can to help people not for status, but because the 95-year-old you will be proud if you did help people and disappointed if you didn’t. – Marshall Goldsmith
104. Country people do not behave as if they think life is short, they live on the principle that it is long, and savor variations of the kind best appreciated if most days are the same. – Edward Hoagland
105. Life is short and progress is slow. – Gabriel Lippmann
106. Life is short and you’ve got to get the most out of it. – Gwen Stefani
107. I’d never taken a job purely for money, I felt that would kill me, but I was afraid that I was heading that way. Then, my brother passing away was the final thing that kicked me over. It reminded me that life is short, and you’d better do what you want while you have a chance. – Mark Ruffalo
108. Life is short, so I’m knowing exactly where I’m putting my time. I don’t want to do things that I don’t have to do. – Mira Nair
109. People say that life is short, but it isn’t short. It’s very long. – Frank Abagnale
110. Time is short, life is short, there’s a lot to know. So I skip the entertainers in the newspaper now. I just haven’t got time. – Tom Stoppard
111. Life is short. Ricky and I realize how lucky we were. We want to be together all the time. – Christie Brinkley
112. Life is short, and there’s something to be said for being true to yourself. – Anohni
113. Be in’ is all about passion. Life is short. There are so many interesting things we can do in our life, and I feel like if someone is just kind of showing up, it’s not worth it for them or for us. – Brad Garlinghouse
114. As with most phobias, the fear of flying does make some sense, but if ever there was a fear worth quashing then this is it. After all, life is short, and there’s a great big world to explore out there. – Beth Ditto
115. Life is short, youth is finite, and opportunities endless. Have you found the intersection of your passion and the potential for world-shaping positive impact. If you don’t have a great idea of your own, there are plenty of great teams that need you – unknown startups and established teams in giant companies alike. – Justin Rosenstein
116. Art is eternal, but life is short. – Evelyn de Morgan
117. I just don’t want to watch TV, and I know that life is short. I feel like I couldn’t do all the things I wanted to do if I had several lifetimes to do them in. – Kyp Malone
118. People always say life is short. I’ve never been convinced of that – mine seems to have a tendency to go on and on. – John Malkovich
119. As far as I’m concerned, I want to do everything because life is short. So, when I did ‘The Red Violin’ film, I got to go to the Oscars, and I got to meet Samuel Jackson, and I got to do stuff that one wouldn’t normally do in my world. – Joshua Bell
120. It seems older people maximize their well-being more – they start to realize that life is short. – Robert J. Waldinger
121. Life is short. I’m 47 years old. I’ve got 10 years to go where I can be the best I can be. I want those 10 years to be precious, not like before, cranking two or three movies a year. I’ve made a ton of movies in my life, but so what. – Jean-Claude Van Damme
122. There are jerks all over Washington. Life is short; being a jerk is just unnecessary. – Mona Sutphen
123. I don’t think my life would be significantly poorer if I don’t impersonate Nick Clegg. Life is short enough without sitting up night after night listening to tapes of him. – Rory Bremner
124. I’ve worked in many companies, and I think that, number one, if you are going to have a great environment, you produce great work. If people are happy, that’s what’s important. Life is short. – Tory Burch
125. Impossible is for the unwilling. – John Keats
126. No pressure, no diamonds. – Thomas Carlyle
127. Stay foolish to stay sane. – Maxime Lagacé
128. When nothing goes right, go left.
129. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. – Samuel Beckett
130. Don’t tell people your plans. Show them your results. I can and I will.
131. Take the risk or lose the chance. Prove them wrong.
132. No guts, no story. – Chris Brady
133. My life is my message. – Mahatma Gandhi
134. Screw it. Let’s do it. – Richard Branson
135. Boldness be my friend. – William Shakespeare
136. Keep going. Be all in. – Bryan Hutchinson
137. My life is my argument. – Albert Schweitzer
138. Dream big. Pray bigger.
139. Leave no stone unturned. – Euripides
140. Fight till the last gasp. – William Shakespeare
141. Stay hungry. Stay foolish. – Steve Jobs
142. Broken crayons still color.
143. And so the adventure begins.
144. If you want it, work for it.
145. You can if you think you can. – George Reeves
146. Whatever you are, be a good one. – Abraham Lincoln
147. Grow through what you go through.
148. Do it with passion or not at all.
149. She believed she could, so she did.
150. The past does not equal the future. – Tony Robbins
151. Good things happen to those who hustle. – Anaïs Nin
152. At the end of hardship comes happiness.
153. Don’t dream your life, live your dream.
154. If it matters to you, you’ll find a way. – Charlie Gilkey
155. Forget about style, worry about results. – Bobby Orr
156. Whatever you do, do with all your might. – Marcus Tullius Cicero
157. Dream without fear. Love without limits.
158. Every noble work is at first impossible. – Thomas Carlyle
159. If you’re going through hell, keep going. – Winston Churchill
160. You can do anything you set your mind to.
161. We are twice armed if we fight with faith. – Plato
162. The wisest mind has something yet to learn. – George Santanaya
163. Open your mind. Get up off the couch. Move. – Anthony Bourdain
164. Be faithful to that which exists within yourself. – André Gide
165. Persistence guarantees that results are inevitable. – Paramahansa Yogananda
166. In life you need either inspiration or desperation. – Tony Robbins
167. I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees. – Euripides
168. The true success is the person who invented himself. – Al Goldstein
169. Let him that would move the world first move himself. – Socrates
170. Go forth on your path, as it exists only through your walking. – Augustine of Hippo
171. We can do anything we want to if we stick to it long enough. – Helen Keller
172. It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. – Confucius
173. It is better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand days as a lamb. – Roman proverb
174. Life is fragile. We’re not guaranteed a tomorrow so give it everything you’ve got. – Tim Cook
175. The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and they day you find out why. – Mark Twain
176. Fall seven times, stand up eight. – Japanese proverb
177. You matter.
178. You are loved.
179. Actually, you can.
180. Yes. Yes. You can do it.
181. Focus on the good.
182. You are doing great.
183. We rise by lifting others.
184. Be happy. Be bright. Be you.
185. Every day is a second chance.
186. You are amazing. Remember that.
187. Darling, you are a work of art.
188. Each day provides its own gifts. Marcus Aurelius
189. Happiness looks gorgeous on you.
190. You are capable of amazing things.
191. You are somebody’s reason to smile.
192. Nothing is worth more than this day. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
193. Think like a proton, always positive.
194. You are stronger than you think you are.
195. Focus on the journey, not the destination. – Greg Anderson
196. Believe you can and you’re halfway there. – Theodore Roosevelt
197. Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. – Christopher Reeve
198. You make mistakes. Mistakes don’t make you.
199. Breathe. It’s just a bad day, not a bad life.
200. Start every day off with a smile and get it over with. – W. C. Fields
201. If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else. – Booker T. Washington
202. It’s okay not to be okay as long as you are not giving up.
203. If you feel like giving up, look back at how far you’ve come.
204. Every day may not be good but there is something good in every day.
205. Don’t go through life, grow through life. – Eric Butterworth
206. A problem is a chance for you to do your best. – Duke Ellington
207. You are amazing. As you are. Stronger than you know. More beautiful than you think. – Tia Sparkles
208. Everything is going to be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end.
209. Just keep taking chances and having fun. – Garth Brooks
210. Yesterday’s the past, tomorrow’s the future, but today is a gift. That’s why it’s called the present. – Bil Keane