If you’re looking for hard work quotes that are both inspiring and motivating, then you have come to the right place. Below you will find a long list of hard work quotes coming from successful business owners and leaders. May these quotes provide you the guidance you need to take your job to the next level or achieve that business goal you’ve been working on for so long. Good luck and enjoy our collection of hard work quotes!
Hard Work Pays Off Quotes
1. Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers. It may not be difficult to store up in the mind a vast quantity of facts within a comparatively short time, but the ability to form judgments requires the severe discipline of hard work and the tempering heat of experience and maturity. – Calvin Coolidge
2. If four things are followed having a great aim, acquiring knowledge, hard work, and perseverance then anything can be achieved. – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
3. Through hard work, perseverance and a faith in God, you can live your dreams. – Ben Carson
4. A dream doesn’t become reality through magic, it takes sweat, determination, and hard work. – Colin Powell
5. There is no substitute for hard work. Never give up. Never stop believing. Never stop fighting. – Hope Hicks
6. The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand. – Vince Lombardi
7. Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work leads to success. Greatness will come. – Dwayne Johnson
8. Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe. – Gail Devers
9. There are no secrets to success.It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure. – Colin Powell
10. Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do. – Pele
11. Without labor nothing prospers. – Sophocles
12. The ones who say you can’t are too afraid you will. – Nike
13. The world belongs to the energetic. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
14. Do not whine do not complain. Work harder. Spend more time alone. – Joan Didion
15. Take up one idea, make that one idea your life. Think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success. – Swami Vivekananda
16. It’s not about money or connections it’s the willingness to outwork and outlearn everyone. – Mark Cuban
17. Hard work betrays none. – Hachiman Hikigaya
18. There is no time for cut-and-dried monotony. There is time for work. And time for love. That leaves no other time. – Coco Chanel
19. What comes easy won’t last. What lasts won’t come easy.
20. Work hard, be kind, and amazing things will happen. – Conan O’Brien
21. Make each day your masterpiece. – John Wooden
22. Without hustle, talent will only carry you so far. – Gary Vaynerchuk
24. Your purpose in life is to find your purpose and give your whole heart and soul to it. – Buddha
25. Success at anything will always come down to this, focus and effort, and we control both. – Dwayne Johnson
26. Nothing in life that’s worth anything is easy. – Barack Obama
27. Life without endeavour is like entering a jewel mine and coming out with empty hands. – Japanese proverb
28. Be true to your work, your word, and your friend. – Henry David Thoreau
29. To achieve what 1% of the world’s population has, you must be willing to do what only 1% dares to do. – Manoj Arora
30. Hard work never killed a man. – Scottish proverb
31. No matter how hard you work, someone else is working harder. – Elon Musk
32. The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope. – Barack Obama
33. There is no such thing as work-life balance. Everything worth fighting for unbalances your life. – Alain de Botton
34. Work hard now, suffer and keep it up. Rewards are at the edge. – MaximeLagacé
35. Inspiration is the windfall from hard work and focus. – Helen Hanson
36. When you live for a strong purpose, then hard work isn’t an option. It’s a necessity. – Steve Pavlina
37. This is the real secret of life to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play. – Alan Watts
38. The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. – Muhammad Ali
39. A sign of a hard worker is one who works without complaint. – Sarah Price
40. The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained in sudden flight but, they while their companions slept, they were toiling upwards in the night. – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
41. All good work requires self-revelation. – Sidney Lumet
42. What you don’t sweat out when you’re young will turn into tears when you’re old. – Japanese proverb
43. Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen. – Blair Waldorf
44. Men die of boredom, psychological conflict and disease. They do not die of hard work. – David Ogilvy
45. The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person’s determination. – Tommy Lasorda
46. Always make a total effort, even when the odds are against you. – Arnold Palmer
47. It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up. – Babe Ruth
48. If you try and lose then it isn’t your fault. But if you don’t try and we lose, then it’s all your fault. – Orson Scott Card
49. I’m a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it. – Thomas Jefferson
50. Don’t wish it were easier. Wish you were better. – Jim Rohn
51. There are no shortcuts to any place worth going. – Beverly Sills
52. If people knew how hard I had to work to gain my mastery, it would not seem so wonderful at all. – Michelangelo
53. The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra. – Jimmy Johnson
54. Many who are self-taught far excel the doctors, masters, and bachelors of the most renowned universities. – Ludwig Von Mises
55. It is a pity that doing one’s best does not always answer. – Charlotte Bronte
56. Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard. – Kevin Durant
57. Your friends will believe in your potential, your enemies will make you live up to it. – Tim Fargo
58. Sometimes there’s not a better way. Sometimes there’s only the hard way. – Mary E. Pearson
59. It doesn’t matter how great your shoes are if you don’t accomplish anything in them. – Martina Boone
60. As Aristotle said, excellence is a habit. – Criss Jami
61. Though you can love what you do not master, you cannot master what you do not love. – MokokomaMokhonoana
62. Hard work without talent is a shame, but talent without hard work is a tragedy. – Robert Half
63. No one ever drowned in sweat. – U.S. Marine Corps
64. Be like a duck, paddling and working hard in the water, but what everyone sees is a smiling, calm face. – Manoj Arora
65. Inspiration is the windfall from hard work and focus. – Helen Hanson
66. There’s no way around doing the work it takes to get you there. – Joyce Chapman
67. All good work requires self-revelation. – Sidney Lumet
68. The thing is, it’s also a lot of hard work. And people don’t want to put in a lot of work. – Jojo Moyes
69. Perseverance is the act of true role models and heroes. – Liza Wiemer
70. I’m really very self-confident when it comes to my work. – Michael Jackson
71. Don’t tell me that knowledge isn’t power. – Brandi Bates
72. Hard work is a prison sentence only if it does not have meaning. Once it does, it becomes the kind of thing that makes you grab your wife around the waist and dance a jig. – Malcolm Gladwell
73. There are people who try to look as if they are doing a good and thorough job, and then there are the people who actually damn well do it, for its own sake.– John D. MacDonald
74. A man is worked upon by what he works on. He may carve out his circumstances, but his circumstances will carve him out as well. – Frederick Douglass
75. It’s not what you do but that kind of job you do that makes the difference. – Ben Carson
76. No one understands and appreciates the American Dream of hard work leading to material rewards better than a non-American. – Anthony Bourdain
77. All growth depends upon activity. There is no development physically or intellectually without effort, and effort means work. – Calvin Coolidge
78. Don’t give up. The beginning is always the hardest. Life rewards those who work hard at it.
79. Happiness is not in the mere possession of money, it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort. – Franklin D. Roosevelt
80. You wasted $150,000 on an education you could have got for a buck fifty in late charges at the public library. – Matt Damon
81. I’m a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. – Thomas Jefferson
82. Hard work spotlights the character of people, some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don’t turn up at all. – Sam Ewing
83. Quality is much better than quantity. One home run is much better than two doubles. – Steve Jobs
84. Without labor, nothing prospers. – Sophocles
85. It’s not about money or connections – it’s the willingness to outwork and outlearn everyone. – Mark Cuban
86. Make each day your masterpiece. – John Wooden
87. Life without endeavour is like entering a jewel mine and coming out with empty hands. – Japanese Proverb
88. Without ambition, one starts nothing. Without work, one finishes nothing. The prize will not be sent to you. You have to win it. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
89. This is the real secret of life, to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play. – Alan Watts
90. All good work requires self-revelation. – Sidney Lumet
91. I work very hard, and I play very hard. I’m grateful for life. And I live it – I believe life loves the lover of it. I live it. – Maya Angelou
92. A dream does not become reality through magic. It takes sweat, determination, and hard work. – Colin Powell
93. Leadership is more than just being able to cross the t’s and dot the i’s. It’s about character and integrity and work ethic. – Steve Largent
94. The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph. – Marvin Phillips
95. Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don’t turn up at all. – Sam Ewing
96. Dreams don’t work unless you do. – John C. Maxwell
97. Nobody ever drowned in his own sweat. – Ann Landers
98. Success is dependent upon the glands sweat glands. – ZigZiglar
99. I would rather risk wearing out than rusting out. – Theodore Roosevelt
100. Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle. – Abraham Lincoln
101. The best way to learn is by doing. The only way to build a strong work ethic is getting your hands dirty. – Alex Spanos
102. When you play, play hard, when you work, don’t play at all. – Theodore Roosevelt
103. Enjoy life, study hard, play hard, be kind to other people, set high standards, and don’t be afraid to say no. – Nia Long
104. Every time you stay out late, every time you sleep in, every time you miss a workout, every time you don’t give 100%. You make it that much easier for me to beat you.
105. A good work ethic is not so much a concern for hard work but rather one for responsibility. There have been a great many men and women who have, in fact, used work or hustle or selfish ambition as an escape from real responsibility, an escape from purpose. In matters such as these, the hard worker is just as dysfunctional as the sloth.– Criss Jami
106. Choices and decisions must be supported by your passion, resolve, and a productive work ethic. If these meet opportunity your success has finally come. – Archibald Marwizi
107. Face your problems head-on. Do what you have to do to take care of it. Develop a good work ethic. – George Chuvalo
108. Every beautiful mind has great dreams, but rarely is anyone ever ready to work hard for their dreams. – Terry Mark
109. Work harder than you think you did yesterday. – Alex Elle
110. Stop doubting yourself, work hard, and make it happen.
111. Nothing worth having comes easy.
112. The harder you work for something, the greater you’ll feel when you achieve it.
113. A dream doesn’t become a reality through magic, it takes sweat, determination, and hard work. – Colin Powell
114. Life rewards those who work hard at it.
115. All roads that lead to success have to pass through hard work boulevard at some point.
116. There is no substitute for hard work. – Thomas Edison
117. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard. – Tim Notke
118. Without hard work and discipline, it is difficult to be a top professional. – Jahangir Khan
119. The hard work puts you where good luck can find you.
120. Hard work has a future payoff, laziness pays off now.
121. I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have. – Thomas Jefferson
122. Love yourself enough to work harder.
123. You can’t cheat the grind, it knows how much you have invested, it won’t give you anything you haven’t worked for.
124. If you don’t have big dreams and goals, you’ll end up working really hard for someone who does.
125. To succeed, work hard, never give up and above all, cherish a magnificent obsession. – Walt Disney
126. If you don’t work hard for your dreams you are going to end up being mediocre. – ATGW
127. Working hard becomes a habit, a serious kind of fun. You get self-satisfaction from pushing yourself to the limit, knowing that all the effort is going to pay off.
128. Successful people are not gifted, they just work hard, then succeed on purpose. – G.K. Nielson
129. Dream big, work hard, stay focused and surround yourself with good people.
130. When you live for a strong purpose, then hard work isn’t an option. It’s a
131. Be thankful for what you have. Work hard for what you don’t have.
132. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No Excuses. – Kobe Bryant
133. Work hard and become a leader, be lazy and become a slave.
134. Be humble. Bu hungry. And always be the hardest worker in the room. – Dwayne Johnson
135. Set goals. Say prayers. Work hard.
136. Believe in yourself, work hard, work smart and passionately present your best self to the world. – Hill Harper
137. Work hard and be nice to people.
138. The road to success comes through hard work, determination, and sacrifice. – Dolzinski
139. If you want it, work for it.
140. There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.
141. Success isn’t given. It earned.
142. Hard work is what separates the winners from the losers. – ATGW
143. Never expect anyone to give you what you want. Work hard, show some dedication and go get it yourself.
144. Successful people begin where failures leave off. Never settle for just getting the job done, excel. – Tom Hopkins
145. The foundation stones for a balanced success are honesty, character, integrity, faith, love, and loyalty. – ZigZiglar
146. I know the price of success, dedication, hard work and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen. – Frank Lloyd Wright
147. Your true success in life begins only when you make the commitment to become excellent at what you do. – Brian Tracy
148. I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has had to overcome while trying to succeed. – Booker T. Washington
149. Action is the foundational key to all success. – Pablo Picasso
150. Coming together is a beginning, keeping together is progress, working together is a success. – Henry Ford
151. The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire, the size of your dream, and how you handle disappointment along the way. – Robert Kiyosaki
152. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed. – Michael Jordan
153. What’s money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do. – Bob Dylan
154. Success is simple. Do what’s right, the right way, at the right time. – Arnold H. Glascow
155. Once you agree upon the price you and your family must pay for success, it enables you to ignore the minor hurts, the opponent’s pressure, and the temporary failures. – Vince Lombardi
156. Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming. – John Wooden
157. What is success? I think it is a mixture of having a flair for the thing that you are doing; knowing that it is not enough, that you have got to have hard work and a certain sense of purpose. – Margaret Thatcher
158. Eighty percent of success is showing up. – Woody Allen
159. Success is the progressive realization of predetermined, worthwhile, personal goals. – Paul J. Meyer
160. For success, attitude is equally as important as ability. – Walter Scott
161. Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning. – Benjamin Franklin
162. Success doesn’t necessarily come from breakthrough innovation but from flawless execution. A great strategy alone won’t win a game or a battle, the win comes from basic blocking and tackling. – Naveen Jain
163. One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation. – Arthur Ashe
164. I attribute my success to this I never gave or took any excuse. – Florence Nightingale
165. I’m not going to get somewhere and say, ok, I’m done. Success is never final, I’ll just keep on going. The same way as failure never being fatal. Just keep going. I’m going to the stars and then past them. – Conor McGregor
166. Success isn’t about the end result, it’s about what you learn along the way. – Vera Wang
167. I always think part of success is being able to replicate results, taking what is interesting or viable about yourself as a professional person and seeing if you bring it into different situations with similar results. – Robert Downey Jr.
168. I planned my success. I knew it was going to happen. – Erykah Badu
169. The highest reward for a man’s toil is not what he gets for it but what he becomes by it. – John Ruskin
170. Genius begins great works, labor alone finishes them. – Joseph Joubert
171. All wealth is the product of labor. – John Locke
172. Employment is nature’s physician, and is essential to human happiness. – Galen
173. Work isn’t to make money, you work to justify life. – Marc Chagall
174. A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity. – Thomas Jefferson
175. The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work. – Émile Zola
176. Diamonds are nothing more than chunks of coal that stuck to their jobs. – Malcolm Forbes
177. Work keeps at bay three great evils, boredom, vice, and need. – Voltaire
178. I believe in the dignity of labor, whether with head or hand, that the world owes no man a living but that it owes every man an opportunity to make a living. – John D. Rockefeller
179. The fruit derived from labor is the sweetest of pleasures. – Luc de Clapiers
180. Man is so made that he can only find relaxation from one kind of labor by taking up another. – Anatole France
181. No great achievement is possible without persistent work. – Bertrand Russell
182. To achieve what 1% of the world’s population has, you must be willing to do what only 1% dares to do. – Manoj Arora
183. The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained in sudden flight but, they while their companions slept, they were toiling upwards in the night. – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
184. Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle. – Abraham Lincoln
185. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed. – Michael Jordan
186. Make a pact with yourself today to not be defined by your past. Sometimes the greatest thing to come out of all your hard work isn’t what you get for it, but what you become for it. Shake things up today. Be you, be free share. – Steve Maraboli
187. Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work. – Stephen King