An inspired person can persist and will never give up during life’s most difficult moments. We have to always look for a reason to keep on going no matter what life throws our way. If you’re looking for inspirational sayings to help you do your best in everything, these sayings we compiled will definitely be of great help. Enjoy!
1. Down through the changing years of our lives, however, there has been one constant and that unchanging center is God himself. – Al Bryant
2. People are always more encouraged when we share how God’s grace helped us in weakness than when we brag about our strengths. – Rick Warren
3. The most precious gift we can offer anyone is our attention. – Thich Nhat Han
4. If you’re not hungry for God, you’re probably full of yourself.
5. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as Christ God forgave you. – Ephesians 4:32
6. Alone, we are meaningless symbols on a page. But collectively, we inspire. – Max Lucado
7. God also wants us to understand who He is and in that understanding to be still and trust Him. – Nan Jones
8. Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. – James 1:2-3
9. Biblical convictions are essential for spiritual growth and maturity. What is ironic today is that people often have strong convictions about weak issues, football, fashion, etc., while having weak convictions about major issues, what is right and what is wrong. – Rick Warren
10. I found that as I discovered deeper levels of peace, health, joy and passion in myself, I naturally became inspired to support others to find and create the same for themselves. – Blake Bauer
11. Others inspire us, information feeds us, practice improves our performance, but we need quiet time to figure things out, to emerge with new discoveries, to unearth original answers. – Ester Buchholz
12. One of the greatest victories you can gain over someone is to beat him at politeness. – Josh Billings
13. You can buy a person’s hands but you can’t buy his heart. – Stephen Covey
14. Don’t tell God how big your storm is Tell the storm how big your God is.
15. God always has more than enough and it is His desire and great pleasure to see His children blessed. – Becky Van Volkinburg
16. I cannot, Lord, thy purpose see. Yet all is well since ruled by Thee. – John Bowring
17. A spiritual lift comes when we allow the Lord not only to enter the problem but also to carry the burdensome weight of it. – Jan Dargatz
18. It is harder to hate a person after you have prayed for them. It is harder to curse someone after you have asked God to bless them. Prayer pulls the sting of resentment. – E. Stanley Jones
19. There are millions of stars in the sky and just remember that you are a star among them all. – Theodore Higginsworth
20. But here’s the mystery: God loves that face in the mirror, that loser staring back at me. He loves losers and he uses the unusable. – Daniel Hochhalter
21. But of all the requests we direct to God in prayer, we could ask ourselves “which of them will make any difference in one billion years from now?” – Brian Johnston
22. You need to go beyond the simple belief in God’s existence. You must have faith and believe God will reward you if you earnestly set out to come near him. – James Strand
23. Words which do not give the light of Christ increase the darkness. – Mother Teresa
24. As God’s children, we are all brothers and sisters in His eyes. Let us demonstrate that by helping each other. – Catherine Pulsifer
25. God solved your biggest problem when he came to Earth and died for you. If he is willing to do that, don’t you think he cares about the other issues you’re dealing with? – Rick Warren
26. My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style. – Maya Angelou
27. Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain. To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it. – Kevyn Aucoin
28. The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today. – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
29. Keep your face always toward the sunshine and shadows will fall behind you. – Walt Whitman
30. I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars. – Og Mandino
31. I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. – Jimmy Dean
32. Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success. – Swami Sivananda
33. Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky. – Rabindranath Tagore
34. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. – Steve Jobs
35. Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. – Buddha
36. Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world. – Malala Yousafzai
37. If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride – and never quit, you’ll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards. – Bear Bryant
38. Start by doing what’s necessary then do what’s possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. – Francis of Assisi
39. Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship. – Buddha
40. Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you. – Nathaniel Hawthorne
41. What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
42. When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. – Harriet Beecher Stowe
43. If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. – Bruce Lee
44. As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. – John F. Kennedy
45. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles. – Audrey Hepburn
46. Your personal life, your professional life, and your creative life are all intertwined. I went through a few very difficult years where I felt like a failure. But it was actually really important for me to go through that. Struggle, for me, is the most inspirational thing in the world at the end of the day as long as you treat it that way. – Skylar Grey
47. Believe you can and you’re halfway there. – Theodore Roosevelt
48. Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. – Warren Buffett
49. I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’ – Muhammad Ali
50. Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative place where no one else has ever been. – Alan Alda
51. The fact that I can plant a seed and it becomes a flower, share a bit of knowledge and it becomes another’s, smile at someone and receive a smile in return, are to me continual spiritual exercises. – Leo Buscaglia
52. Keep your feet on the ground, but let your heart soar as high as it will. Refuse to be average or to surrender to the chill of your spiritual environment. – Arthur Helps
53. Don’t regret the past, just learn from it. – Ben Ipock
54. If you are positive, you’ll see opportunities instead of obstacles. – Widad Akrawi
55. Believe in your infinite potential. Your only limitations are those you set upon yourself. – Roy T. Bennett
56. Focus on your goal. Don’t look in any direction but ahead.
57. Your positive action combined with positive thinking results in success.
58. There is nothing more beautiful than believing in yourself. – Sam Kao
59. Everything you need to accomplish your goals is already in you.
60. There’s something in you that the world needs.
61. When you feel like quitting think about why you started.
62. You are stronger than you think.
63. Tough times don’t last. Tough people do.
64. It never gets easier. You just get better.
65. Courage is taking those first steps toward your dreams even if you can’t see the path ahead.
66. Be strong when you are weak, brave when you are scared, and humble when you are victorious.
67. I don’t make excuses. I make results.
68. Never give up. Keep going.
69. A little progress each day adds up to big results.
70. Let your past make you better, not bitter.
71. Don’t call it a dream. Call it a plan.
72. Every accomplishment begins with the decision to try.
73. When the ‘why’ is clear, the ‘how’ is easy.
74. The starting point of all achievement is desire. – Napoleon Hill
75. Train your mind to see the good in any situation.
76. Keep your head up. God gives his hardest battles to his strongest soldiers.
77. Keep going. Everything you need will come to you at the perfect time.
78. If you get tired, learn to rest, not quit.
79. Every moment is a fresh beginning. – T.S. Eliot
80. Make each day your masterpiece. – John Wooden
81. To be the best, you must be able to handle the worst. – Wilson Kanadi
82. Believe and act as if it were impossible to fail. – Charles Kettering
83. Never give up, stay focused, stay positive, stay strong.
84. You’ve got to be willing to lose everything to gain yourself. – Iyanla Vanzant
85. Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.
86. Success in life comes when you simply refuse to give up, with goals so strong that obstacles, failure, and loss only act as motivation.
87. Do something today that your future self will thank you for.
88. Don’t downgrade your dream just to fit your reality. Upgrade your conviction to match your destiny.
89. Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
90. Without His love I can do nothing, with His love there is nothing I cannot do.
91. Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear. – George Addair
92. Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end, then stop. – Lewis Carroll
93. Make each day your masterpiece. – John Wooden
94. Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them. – Marcus Aurelius
95. Wherever you go, go with all your heart. – Confucius
96. You cannot tailor-make the situations in life but you can tailor-make the attitudes to fit those situations. – Zig Ziglar
97. There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. – Edith Wharton
98. It is never too late to be what you might have been. – George Eliot
99. The day is what you make it! So why not make it a great one? – Steve Schulte
100. The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet. – Aristotle
101. Tough times never last, but tough people do. – Dr. Robert Schuller
102. What we’ve got to do is keep hope alive. Because without it we’ll sink. – John Lennon
103. Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourselves. – Chanakya
104. The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. – Bruce Lee
105. Believe and act as if it were impossible to fail. – Charles Kettering
106. Action is the foundational key to all success. – Pablo Picasso
107. Turn your wounds into wisdom. – Oprah Winfrey
108. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. – Buddha
109. You must be the change you wish to see in the world. – Gandhi
110. I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. – Jimmy Dean
111. Keep your face always toward the sunshine – and shadows will fall behind you. – Walt Whitman
112. The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude. – Oprah Winfrey
113. Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” – Hunter S. Thompson
114. Lost opportunities, lost possibilities, feelings we can never get back. That’s part of what it means to be alive. But inside our heads at least that’s where I imagine it there’s a little room where we store those memories. A room like the stacks in this library. And to understand the workings of our own heart we have to keep on making new reference cards. We have to dust things off every once in awhile, let in fresh air, change the water in the flower vases. In other words, you’ll live forever in your own private library. – Haruki Murakami
115. There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. – Albert Einstein
116. Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. – Marilyn Monroe
117. The opposite of love is not hate, it’s indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it’s indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it’s indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it’s indifference. – Elie Wiesel
118. Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. – George Bernard Shaw
119. When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us. – Helen Keller
120. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that. – Martin Luther King Jr.
121. When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it. – Paulo Coelho
122. What you’re supposed to do when you don’t like a thing is change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it. Don’t complain. – Maya Angelou
123. In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on. – Robert Frost
124. Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
125. It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. – Andre Gide
126. Nothing is impossible, the word itself says “I’m possible”. – Audrey Hepburn
127. I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. – Maya Angelou
128. Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right. – Henry Ford
129. Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence. – Vince Lombardi
130. Life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent of how I react to it. – Charles Swindoll
131. If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have in life, you’ll never have enough. – Oprah Winfrey
132. None of us is as smart as all of us. – Ken Blanchard
133. To handle yourself, use your head. To handle others, use your heart. – Eleanor Roosevelt
134. Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears. – Les Brown
135. Alone, we can do so little, together we can do so much. – Helen Keller
136. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover. – Mark Twain
137. I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. – Michael Jordan
138. I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. – Stephen Covey
139. When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. – Henry Ford
140. The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any. – Alice Walker
141. The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. – Amelia Earhart
142. Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision, the ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results. – Andrew Carnegie
143. Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. – Robert Louis Stevenson
144. The real opportunity for success lies within the person and not in the job. – Zig Ziglar
145. Change your thoughts and you change your world. – Norman Vincent Peale
146. There is no royal road to anything. One thing at a time, all things in succession. That which grows fast, withers as rapidly. That which grows slowly, endures. – Josiah Gilbert Holland
147. Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact. – William James
148. Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs. – Farrah Gray
149. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck. – Dalai Lama
150. You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. – Maya Angelou
151. I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear. – Rosa Parks
152. Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, or worn. It is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace & gratitude. – Denis Waitley
153. The notion that a human being should be constantly happy is a uniquely modern, uniquely America, uniquely destructive idea. – Andrew Weil
154. For success, like happiness, cannot be pursued; it must ensue, and it only does so as the unintended side-effect of one’s personal dedication to a cause greater than oneself or as the by-product of one’s surrender to a person other than oneself. Happiness must happen, and the same holds for success: you have to let it happen by not caring about it. – Viktor Frankl
155. When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. – John Lennon
156. Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swamps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists, it is real, it is possible, it’s yours. – Ayn Rand
157. If you treat an individual as he is, he will remain how he is. But if you treat him as if he were what he ought to be and could be, he will become what he ought to be and could be. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
158. I do a lot of inspirational talks for kids, to motivate them to change their lives and give them hope. – Adam Beach
159. I think if there’s something one needs to change with oneself, it doesn’t have to happen in the New Year. You can do that any time you please – not that it’s not a good inspirational tactic for the people that it works for. – Brittany Murphy
160. Inside, I’ve got a real purist desire and dream about the music. I like the idea of being able to carve out a kind of magical, colourful, artistic, inspirational life. And the reality just turns out to be quite different, working with the business to bring this thing you have created into the world. – Damien Rice