Family is unquestionably important for everyone. No matter how many times you annoy each other, they will always be the ones who fill your life with love and laughter. Never miss the chance to let them know you love them as much as they love you. Here is a list of inspirational family quotes to help you show how much they mean to you.
Inspirational Family Quotes
1. The most important thing in the world is family and love. – John Wooden
2. In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together, and the music that brings harmony. – Friedrich Nietzsche
3. Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family. – Anthony Brandt
4. Having somewhere to go is home. Having someone to love is family. And having both is a blessing.
5. Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. – Lisa Weed
6. Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close knit family in another city. – George Burns
7. The informality of family life is a blessed condition that allows us all to become our best while looking our worst. – Marge Kennedy
8. Families are like fudge mostly sweet with a few nuts.
9. Being part of a family means smiling for photos. – Harry Morgan
10. Family ties mean that no matter how much you might want to run from your family, you can’t.
11. Family is not an important thing. It’s everything. – Michael J. Fox
12. The memories we make with our family is everything. – Candace Cameron Bure
13. Family is family. – Linda Linney
14. In time of test, family is best. – Burmese Proverb
15. You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them. – Desmond Tutu
16. I am blessed to have so many great things in my life family, friends and God. All will be in my thoughts daily. – Lil’ Kim
17. The family is the first essential cell of human society. – Pope John XXIII
18. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. – 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
19. Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil, hold fast to what is good. – Romans 12:9
20. Family is the best thing you could ever wish for. They are there for you during the ups and downs and love you no matter what.
21. The love of family is life’s greatest blessing.
22. My family is my strength and my weakness. – Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
23. What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family. – Mother Teresa
24. The most important thing is family and love. – John Wooden
25. A family doesn’t need to be perfect, it just needs to be united.
26. The bond that links your true family is not one of blood but of respect and joy in each other’s life. – Richard Bach
27. Think of your family today and every day thereafter, don’t let the busy world of today keep you from showing how much you love and appreciate your family.
28. Families are like branches on a tree, we grow in different directions yet our roots remain as one.
29. I am most thankful for my family and how they support me so much and the love they share with me. – Sean Giambrone
30. I know every family has its problems. But I admire those that stick together.
31. I believe that the greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you. – Joyce Meyer
32. You leave home to seek your fortune and when you get it you go home and share it with your family. – Anita Baker
33. Other things may change us but we start and end with the family. – Anthony Brandt
34. Family isn’t defined only by last names or by blood, it’s defined by commitment and by love. – Dave Willis
35. In family life, love is the oil that eases friction. – Friedrich Nietzsche
36. It’s all about quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and friends and family. – Philip Green
37. To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one’s family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one’s own mind. – Buddha
38. Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don’t wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it’s at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored. – Earl Nightingale
39. My family is everything. I am what I am thanks to my mother, my father, my brother, my sister because they have given me everything. The education I have is thanks to them. – Ronaldinho
40. My friends and family are my support system. They tell me what I need to hear, not what I want to hear and they are there for me in the good times and bad times. – Kelly Clarkson
41. To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there. – Barbara Bush
42. The memories we make with our family is everything. – Candace Cameron Bure
43. Everyone needs a house to live in, but a supportive family is what builds a home – Anthony Liccione
44. The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life. – Richard Bach
45. Family is the most important thing in the world. – Princess Diana
46. You need a strong family because, at the end, they will love you and support you unconditionally. – Esha Gupta
47. When all the dust is settled, and all the crowds are gone, the things that matter are faith, family, and friends. – Barbara Bush
48. In every conceivable manner, the family is a link to our past, bridge to our future – Alex Haley
49. Families are the compass that guides us. They are an inspiration to reach great heights and our comfort when we occasionally falter. – Brad Henry
50. Family is a life jacket in the stormy sea of life. – J.K. Rowling
51. Families are like branches on a tree. We grow in different directions, yet our roots remain as one.
52. Family and friends are hidden treasures, seek them and enjoy their riches. – Wanda Hope Carter
53. Family is where life begins and love never ends.
54. Think of your family today and every day thereafter, don’t let the busy world of today keep you from showing how much you love and appreciate your family. – Josiah
55. The strength of a family, like the strength of an army, is in its loyalty to each other. – Mario Puzo
56. Love your family. Spend time, be kind & serve one another. Make no room for regrets. Tomorrow is not promised & today is short.
57. Many men can make a fortune but very few can build a family. – S. Bryan
58. Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one. – Jane Howard
59. Family is not an important thing, it’s everything. – Michael J. Fox
60. The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family. – Lee Iacocca
61. My family is my strength and my weakness. – Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
62. Family isn’t defined only by last names or by blood, it’s defined by commitment and by love. – Dave Willis
63. My friends and family are my support system. They tell me what I need to hear, not what I want to hear, and they are there for me in the good times and bad times. – Kelly Clarkson
64. Family isn’t always blood. It’s the people in your life who want you in theirs. The ones who accept you for who you are. The ones who would do anything to see you smile and who love you no matter what.
65. The bond that keeps the family together is not made of blood but out of love and respect.
66. It didn’t matter how big our house was, it mattered that there was love in it. – Peter Buffett
67. Family where life begins and love never ends.
68. Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one. – Jane Howard
69. The magical thing about home is that it feels good to leave, and it feels even better to come back.
70. Family is like music, some high notes, some low notes, but always a beautiful song.
71. The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life. – Richard Bach
72. The strength of a family, like the strength of an army, lies in its loyalty to each other. – Mario Puzo
73. A recipe for love a spoonful of smiles, a jar of joy, a cup of kisses and a handful of hugs.
74. When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching they are your family. – Jim Butcher
75. Family faces are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present, and future. – Gail Lumet Buckley
76. No family is perfect, we argue, we fight. We even stop talking to each other at times, but in the end, family is a family, the love will always be there.
77. Family isn’t whose blood you carry. It’s who you love and who loves you back.
78. Our family is a circle of strength of love, with every birth and every union the circle grows.
79. The greatest gift of family life is to be intimately acquainted with people you might never even introduce yourself to, had life not done it for you. – Kendall Hailey
80. Having a place to go is a home. Having someone to love is a family. Having both is a blessing. – Donna Hedges
81. Families are like branches on a tree. We grow in different directions, yet our roots remain as one.
82. The family that dear octopus from whose tentacles we never quite escape, nor, in our inmost hearts, ever quite wish to.– Dodie Smith
83. A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no aw, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path. – Agatha Christie
84. Family quarrels are bitter things. They don’t go according to any rules. They’re not like aches or wounds, they’re more like splits in the skin that won’t heal because there’s not enough material. – F. Scott Fitzgerald
85. You can kiss your family and friends good-bye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach, because you do not just live in a world but a world lives in you. – Frederick Buechner
86. After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relations. – Oscar Wilde
87. When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years. – Mark Twain
88. No man has ever lived that had enough of children’s gratitude or woman’s love. – William Butler Yeats
89. When she can’t bring me to heal with scolding, she bends me to shape with guilt. – Libba Bray
90. At the end of the day, a loving family should find everything forgivable. – Mark V. Olsen
91. Siblings, children of the same parents, each of whom is perfectly normal until they get together. – Sam Levenson
92. A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it. – George Moore
93. When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching they are your family. – Jim Butcher
94. All happy families are alike, each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way. – Leo Tolstoy
95. Govern a family as you would cook a small fish very gently. – Chinese Proverb
96. Spare the rod and spoil the child that is true. But, beside the rod, keep an apple to give him when he has done well. – Martin Luther
97. One day you will do things for me that you hate. That is what it means to be family. – Jonathan Foer
98. A happy family is but an earlier heaven. – John Bowring
99. Family is not an important thing, it’s everything. – Michael J. Fox
100. If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance. – George Bernard Shaw
101. Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, and call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one. – Jane Howard
102. I think togetherness is a very important ingredient to family life. – Barbara Bush
103. The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life. – Richard Bach
104. Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close knit family in another city. – George Burns
105. To understand your parents’ love, you must raise children yourself. – Chinese proverb
106. The homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only and that is to support the ultimate career. – C.S. Lewis
107. We do not develop habits of genuine love automatically. We learn by watching effective role model most specifically by observing how our parents express love for each other day in and day out. – Josh McDowell
108. Is this what family is like, the feeling that everyone’s connected, that with one piece missing, the whole thing’s broken. – Trenton Lee Stewart
109. Writers will happen in the best of families. – Rita Mae Brown
110. Family life is too intimate to be preserved by the spirit of justice. It can be sustained by a spirit of love which goes beyond justice. – Reinhold Niebuhr
111. We must take care of our families wherever we find them. – Elizabeth Gilbert
112. All families are psychotic. Everybody has basically the same family it’s just reconfigured slightly different from one to the next. – Douglas Coupland
113. There is no such thing as fun for the whole family. – Jerry Seinfeld
114. I sustain myself with the love of family. – Maya Angelou
115. This was the trouble with families. Like invidious doctors, they knew just where it hurt. – Arundhati Roy
116. A man should never neglect his family for business. – Walt Disney
117. The strength of a nation derives from the integrity of the home.– Confucius
118. A happy family is but an earlier heaven. – George Bernard Shaw
119. The family is the test of freedom, because the family is the only thing that the free man makes for himself and by himself. – Gilbert K. Chesterton
120. You leave home to seek your fortune and, when you get it, you go home and share it with your family. – Anita Baker
121. Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family, whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one. – Jane Howard
122.The family is one of nature’s masterpieces. – George Santayana
123. Family is everything. Literally.
124. Family is not an important thing, it’s everything. – Michael J. Fox
125. Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten. – David Ogden Stiers
126. The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family. – Lee Iacocca
127. Without a family, man, alone in the world, trembles with the cold. – Andre Maurois
128. In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together, and the music that brings harmony. – Friedrich Nietzsche
129. Tennis just a game, family is forever. – Serena Williams
130. Work is work, but family is for life. That’s what really matters to me. – Akshay Kumar
131. My family is my life, and everything else comes second as far as what’s important to me. – Michael Imperioli
132. Seeing the family is a very important part of my weekend. – Susannah York
133. I think family is key, and if you have a love for family, then you have love for others and you have unity as a people. – Marlon Wayans
134. For me, family always comes first. I would do anything to protect them. – Mark Wahlberg
135. Family and God that is what’s important. Money, cars, those are things that come and go. – Fabrice Muamba
136. What is important is family, friends, giving back to your community and finding meaning in life. – Adrian Grenier
137. It’s very important to prioritize. I know, for me, my family comes first. That makes every decision very easy. – Jada Pinkett Smith
138. My family was my guide to my reality. – Haywood Nelson
139. My family is everything. I am what I am thanks to my mother, my father, my brother, my sister because they have given me everything. The education I have is thanks to them. – Ronaldinho
140. The single most important factor in our long term happiness is the relationships we have with our family and close friends. – Clayton M. Christensen
141. You have to defend your honor. And your family. – Suzanne Vega
142. I’m a minimalist. I don’t really need much to enjoy a good holiday just my family and the bare essentials. – Jean Reno
143. For me, nothing has ever taken precedence over being a mother and having a family and a home. – Jessica Lange
144. I’m a lucky person because I’ve been loved a lot. I have a great family. – Monica Bellucci
145. My family is more important than my party. – Zell Miller
146. It takes a lot of work to put together a marriage, to put together a family and a home. – Elizabeth Edwards
147. Pray in your family daily, that yours may be in the number of the families who call upon God. – Christopher Love
148. I have a great family, I live an amazing life. – John Oates
149. I don’t think quantity time is as special as quality time with your family. – Reba McEntire
150. Family is always gonna be there. The material things, they come and go. – Romeo Miller
151. I’m surrounded by great friends and family. I don’t know what I would do without them. – Emma Roberts
152. I believe family first. Blood is thicker than water. I grew up like that, and I want to continue to keep that goal in my heart. Just family first, just honesty, integrity, and respect. All of that. I live by the code of those things. If you do that you’ll be fine. – Cory Hardrict
153. Sunday, for me, is all about being home with the family with no plans. – John Lasseter
154. I’m a strong person, I’m a strong family man, I’m a strong husband and a strong father. – David Beckham
155. It’s all about quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and friends and family. – Philip Green
156. A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father. – Frank Abagnale
157. I would rather start a family than finish one. – Don Marquis
158. I find the family the most mysterious and fascinating institution in the world. – Amos Oz
159. I have a wonderful shelter, which is my family. I have a wonderful relationship with my brother and sister; this makes me feel that I know always where I belong. – Jose Carreras
160. Our family is a circle of strength of love with every birth and every union the circle grows.
161. The children have been a wonderful gift to me, and I’m thankful to have once again seen our world through their eyes. They restore my faith in the family’s future. – Jackie Kennedy
162. The family you come from isn’t as important as the family you’re going to have. – Ring Lardner
163. When you start about family, about lineage and ancestry, you are talking about every person on earth. – Alex Haley
164. Women’s natural role is to be a pillar of the family. – Grace Kelly
165. I love spending time with my friends and family. The simplest things in life give me the most pleasure cooking a good meal, enjoying my friends. – Cindy Morgan
166. If someone were to harm my family or a friend or somebody I love, I would eat them. I might end up in jail for 500 years, but I would eat them. – Johnny Depp
167. If you come from a solid family structure, it doesn’t matter what you go through in your life. You’re going to be okay. – Alyssa Milano
168. Think of your family today and every day thereafter, don’t let the busy world of today keep you from showing how much you love and appreciate your family. – Josiah
169. Life is precious and relationships are precious. I’m a great believer in family.– Len Goodman
170. A family is a place where minds come in contact with one another. – Buddha
171. The one thing that kept our family together was the music. The only thing that our family would share emotionally was to have our dad cry over something the kids did with music. – Dennis Wilson