There will always be days when we might feel like we just don’t have the strength to visit the gym and workout. Whatever it is you’re going through right now, reading words of wisdom from successful people can be super-encouraging. Here are some of the best inspirational workout quotes to motivate you to achieve your fitness goals for the year.
Inspirational Workout Quotes
1. Fitness is not about being better than someone else. It’s about being better than you used to be. – Khloe Kardashian
2. I’m simple. I love hiking, going to the gym, doing some simple stuff. I love being outdoors, I love bike riding. Just stuff that’s fun. – Lea Michele
3. Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live. – Jim Rohn
4. I don’t smoke, don’t drink much, and go to the gym five times a week. I live a healthy lifestyle and feel great. I can run a marathon, you know. – Sarah Michelle Gellar
5. Exercise is king. Nutrition is queen. Put them together and you’ve got a kingdom. – Jack LaLanne
6. I love the gym, I love basketball. I’m really passionate about it. – Kyrie Irving
7. I hate every minute of training. But I said, don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion. – Mohammad Ali
8. I’m living on this positive mind frame where I’m only attracting positive things. I’m controlling my energy, I’m eating right, I’m meditating, I’m in the gym, I’m doing all this stuff I’m supposed to be doing. I’m past that young, immature way of thinking. I just want to be great. – Shameik Moore
9. The pain you feel today will be the strength you feel tomorrow. – Arnold Schwarzenegger
10. I attend to my fitness. I go to the gym every day and try to maintain my physical fitness, without that, it is tough to take challenges on the chess board. – Viswanathan Anand
11. Do today what others won’t so tomorrow you can do what others can’t. – Jerry Rice
12. My only personal time is a couple of hours in the gym in the morning. – Aaron Schock
13. Do something today that your future self will thank you for. – Sean Patrick Flanery
15. Math is like going to the gym for your brain. It sharpens your mind. – Danica McKellar
16. Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, but it is also the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity. – John F. Kennedy
17. I go to the gym and work through a routine. But if you see someone with a personal trainer, you know they do 10 times more than you do. You give up your sense of identity. If you watch the biggest loser, you see people give up their identity to become something else. – Irvine Welsh
18. If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you. – Fred Devito
19. A lot of late nights in the gym, a lot of early mornings, especially when your friends are going out, you’re going to the gym, those are the sacrifices that you have to make if you want to be an NBA basketball player. – Jason Kidd
20. Train hard, turn up, run your best and the rest will take care of itself. – Usain Bolt
21. I go to the gym, I swim daily and from time to time I meet with friends and do extra-curricular stuff. – Vladimir Putin
22. If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got.
23. Don’t limit your challenges, challenge your limits. – Jerry Dunn
24. Unless you puke, faint, or die, keep going. – Jillian Michaels
25. You don’t drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there.
26. If you ever lack the motivation to train then think what happens to your mind & body when you don’t. – Shifu Yan Lei
27. There are so many people out there who will tell you that you can’t. What you’ve got to do is to turn around and say, “Watch me.”
28. Exercise is done against one’s wishes and maintained only because the alternative is worse. – George A. Sheehan
29. The more you train, the more people there are who are weaker than you. It is amazing that words of encouragement have a great ability to change the way we feel about life.
30. We must train hard. It’s not about denying a weakness may exist but about denying its right to persist. – Vince McConnell
31. When you’re not training, someone else is. You can have results or excuses, but not both. – Arnold Schwarzenegger
32. Men shouldn’t hide weakness, they should kill it. Remember this, your body is your slave. It works for you. – Jack LaLanne
33. The pain of today is the victory of tomorrow.
34. Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. – Gandhi
35. If your out of breath, dizzy, feel like vomiting, can’t remember your name, you are on the right road.
36. Training gives us an outlet for suppressed energies created by stress and thus tones the spirit just as exercise conditions the body. – Arnold Schwarzenegger
37. Of course its heavy, that’s why they call it weight.
38. Crawling is acceptable. Falling is acceptable. Puking is acceptable. Tears are acceptable. Pain is acceptable. The injury is acceptable. Quitting is unacceptable
39. Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it. – Henry David Thoreau
40. All progress takes place outside the comfort zone. – Michael John Bobak
41. If you think lifting is dangerous, try being weak. Being weak is dangerous. – Bret Contreras
42. The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary. – Vidal Sassoon
43. The clock is ticking. Are you becoming the person you want to be. – Greg Plitt
44. Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t, you’re right. – Henry Ford
45. The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus. – Bruce Lee
46. You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them. – Jordan
47. Action is the foundational key to all success. – Pablo Picasso
48. Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle. – Abraham Lincoln
49. Well done is better than well said. – Benjamin Franklin
50. All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them. – Walt Disney
51. A champion is someone who gets up when they can’t. – Jack Dempsey
52. What hurts today makes you stronger tomorrow. – Jay Cutler
53. If something stands between you and your success, move it. Never be denied. – Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson
54. You have to think it before you can do it. The mind is what makes it all possible. – Kai Greene
55. Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out. – John Wooden
56. Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm. – Winston Churchill
57. Of course, it’s hard. It’s supposed to be hard. It were easy, everybody would do it. Hard is what makes it great.
58. No pain, no gain. Shut up and train.
59. Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work gains success. Greatness will come.
60. Train insane or remain the same.
61. Definition of a really good workout: when you hate doing it, but you love finishing it.
62. Push yourself because no one else is going to do it for you.
63. Success starts with self-discipline. Good things come to those who sweat.
64. A one hour workout is 4% of your day. No excuses.
65. The body achieves what the mind believes.”
66. What seems impossible today will one day become your warm up.
67. Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
68. Someone busier than you is working out right now.
69. Hustle for that muscle.
70. The hardest lift of all is lifting your butt off the couch.
71. If you still look good at the end of your workout, you didn’t train hard enough.
72. When you feel like quitting think about why you started.
73. A good workout is when you make your dry fit shirt look like false advertising.
74. I don’t count my sit-ups. I only start counting when it starts hurting because they’re the only ones that count.
75. Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t. – Jerry Rice
76. Do something today that your future self will thank you for
77. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit. – Aristotle
78. No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch.
79. Sweat is fat crying.
80. You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. – Wayne Gretzky
81. The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person’s determination. – Tommy Lasorda
82. To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. – Steve Prefontaine
83. You’re only one workout away from a good mood.
84. Nothing will work unless you do. – Maya Angelou
85. Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
86. I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed – Michael Jordan
87. Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. – Mahatma Gandhi
88. The difference between try and triumph is a little ‘umph’.
89. The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That’s what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they’ll go through the pain, no matter what happens. – Arnold Schwarzenegger
90. Don’t count the days, make the days count. – Muhammad Ali
91. Making excuses burns zero calories per hour.
92. If you’re tired of starting over, stop giving up.
93. When you feel like quitting, think about why you started
94. Do what you have to do until you can do what you want to do. – Oprah Winfrey
95. Create healthy habits, not restrictions.
96. Don’t let the scale define you. Be active, be healthy, be happy.
97. It’s going to be a journey. It’s not a sprint to get in shape. – Kerri Walsh Jennings
98. No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying. – Tony Robbins
99. Just believe in yourself. Even if you don’t pretend that you do and, and some point, you will. – Venus Williams
100. Strive for progress, not perfection.
101. All great achievements require time. – Maya Angelou
102. We cannot start over. But we can begin now and make a new ending. – Zig Ziglar
103. Fitness is like a relationship. You can’t cheat and expect it to work.
104. My protein shake brings the boys to the yard. And they’re like, your muscles are hard. Damn right, my muscles are hard. I could train you, but I’d have to charge.
105. Respect your body. It’s the only one you get.
106. Dead last finish is greater than did not finish, which trumps did not start.
107. The best way to predict the future is to create it. – Abraham Lincoln
108. Rome wasn’t built in a day, but they worked on it every single day.
109. Use the 21/90 rule. It takes 21 days to create a habit. It takes 90 days to create a lifestyle.
110. Strive for progress, not perfection.
111. Think of this while you’re sweating it out and you won’t be able to fight the laughter.
112. The true sign of a killer workout.
113. Sweat is our best accessory, after our favorite running shoes of course.
114. Hey. A one hour workout is just 4 percent of your day.
115. Because the journey is the destination.
116. If you can make it that far, what’s stopping you from one more mile or one more set of reps.
117. Sounds like a pretty solid recipe for success.
118. And that is why you keep pushing yourself every time you hit the gym.
119. If you can conquer that endless set of burpees, what can’t you do?
120. If you believe it, so it will be. And if a baby can do a plank that well, so can you.
121. Just keep running, biking, swimming, lifting you’ll get there.
122. You can apologize to your body after that last set of deadlifts.
123. Put your mind to it, and you just might be surprised by what you can accomplish.
124. All those endorphins released at the gym are guaranteed to make you feel better promise.
125. Fitness is like a relationship. You can’t cheat and expect it to work.
126. Squat, because somewhere there’s a girl warming up with your max.
127. Remember quotes about strong women inspire you to make today great.
128. Respect your body. It’s the only one you get.
129. The best way to predict the future is to create it. – Abraham Lincoln
130. A pint of sweat will save a gallon of blood.
131. Second place is just a spot for the first loser.
132. Rome wasn’t built in a day, but they worked on it every single day.
133. Just think about how you wanna look, just think about how you wanna look. Ok, up with it.
134. Of course, it’s hard. It’s supposed to be hard. If it is easy, everybody would do it. Hard is what makes it great.
135. Just being aware of what you are about to do greatly diminishes the tendency to do what you don’t want to. You will pull your hand back from that pizza slice, tell the waitress that you are passing on dessert, put on your gym shoes instead of going under the comforter, and take several deep breaths instead of screaming at your daughter. – Srikumar Rao
136. Your body can stand almost anything. It’s your mind that you have to convince.
137. Traits acquired during one’s lifetime, muscles built up in the gym, for example, cannot be passed on to the next generation. Now with technology, as it happens, we might indeed be able to transfer some of our acquired traits on to our selected offspring by genetic engineering. – Nick Bostrom
138. Definition of a really good workout when you hate doing it, but you love finishing it.
139. So I said to the gym instructor, can you teach me to do the splits, he said how flexible are you I said, I can’t make Tuesdays. – Tim Vine
140. Push yourself because no one else is going to do it for you.
141. I really don’t like the gym. I like experiences, so I take any chance I get to go on a bicycle or on a hike. – Blake Lively
142. I’m a competitive person. I love the game of basketball. I’m a gym rat. – Paul Pierce
143. Success starts with self-discipline.
144. When I go to the gym, stretching is very important. For polo, you don’t need too much strength so you don’t want to build yourself up too much. It’s all about flexibility. – Nacho Figueras
145. Good things come to those who sweat.
146. You don’t start out getting into the gym and bench pressing 300 pounds. You start out by doing the bar. – Thomas Rhett
147. If you think of exercise like a 60-minute commitment 3 times a week at the gym, you’re missing the point completely. If you think that going on a diet has something to do with nutrition, you don’t see the forest through the trees. It is a lifestyle. I know it sounds cliche, but you have to find things you love to do. – Brett Hoebel
148. A one-hour workout is 4% of your day. No excuses.
149. But on average, I go to the gym about four or five times a week. Today, I’m so experienced in training. I’m actually listening to my body now. My body needs freedom. When I train I create serenity and I produce oxygen in my blood. It helps me to think better and relax. By training, you accentuate the problem. – Jean-Claude Van Damme
150. Sometimes I’d literally show up at the gym having a panic attack, and my trainer would be like, all right, let’s just go get breakfast. I can’t give enough credit to him he was really there for me, and not just like a trainer where it’s like, well, come on, man, I gotta pump you up. He cared more about my mind and the state that I was in. – Dylan O’Brien
151. The body achieves what the mind believes.
152. Just as you go to the gym regularly to keep your body fit, regular couples counseling can keep your relationship fit as well. – Laura Wasser
153. What seems impossible today will one day become your warm up.
154. I don’t have an iPod. I mean, I have a couple, doesn’t everyone. But I don’t use it. I need to because I go to the gym now, and I’m tired of listening to morning radio. I want some music. I do have a video iPod, but I don’t use it either. – Ricky Schroder
155. Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
156. Let’s talk about the holidays, more specifically, consumption during the holidays. If it’s true that we are what we eat, most of us would be unrecognizable during the period that ranges from the night before Thanksgiving through that day in early January when everyone decides to return to the gym. – Rachel Nichols
157. Someone busier than you is working out right now.
158. There’s not much to do in Atlanta, so the cast went to the gym together, went shopping together, and dinner was always a group thing. It’s that whole summer-camp experience that making movies tends to be anyway. – Timothy Olyphant
159. If you still look good at the end of your workout, you didn’t train hard enough.
160. My bike is my gym, my wheelchair and my church all in one. I’d like to ride my bike all day long but I’ve got this thing called a job that keeps getting in the way. – Bill Walton
161. When you feel like quitting think about why you started.
162. I’m not someone who frequents the gym, pretty much ever. – Timothee Chalamet
163. I don’t count my sit ups. I only start counting when it starts hurting because they’re the only ones that count.
164. In our game, it’s your vanity that keeps you in shape. I’ve got a little gym set up, and I ride a single-speed bike up the hills behind my house. Lately, I’ve been kind of a slacker. Usually, it’s a film role that makes me start getting in shape. Between roles, I try to do a little maintenance, but I’m not a workout fanatic at all. – Bill Paxton
165. It comes down to one simple thing, how badly you want it.
166. If I don’t go to the gym for a week, I just get thinner and thinner. – Venus Williams
167. Making excuses burns zero calories per hour.
168. Throughout my life, I have tried to share my belief that getting and staying healthy doesn’t have to feel like work. My life is not about deprivation, I don’t diet or slave away in a gym. What I do is eat clean, nutritious, real food. I enjoy delicious meals with healthy fats, I eat until I am full and satisfied, and I remain thin. – Suzanne Somers
169. Obstacles can’t stop you. Problems can’t stop you. People can’t stop you. Only you can stop you.
170. If I’m in the gym I’ll stay for a while, and I’m not usually in a hurry to leave. – Tyler Hoechlin
171. The only bad workout is the one that didn’t happen.
172. At the gym, I do full-body circuits with low weights and high repetitions, as well as four or five cardio intervals thrown into the mix. I put a lot of emphasis on core strength and flexibility training. I also do a lot of running in my free time. Anytime I can move my cardio outside in the sunshine, I do. – Jill Wagner
173. Exercise is like telling your body you’re gonna hate me for this, but you’ll thank me later.
174. It’s a real strength for me that I’ve never minded the training process. It’s something I enjoy. I really like being in the gym or, certainly, on the field. – Tom Brady
175. The pain you feel today will be the strength you feel tomorrow.
176. Every morning, I crawl out of bed. I sit there and think, do I really need this. And I drag myself to the gym in my garage. It’s not fun. I hate it. I work out alone weights. – Sylvester Stallone
177. Nothing truly great ever came from a comfort zone.
178. You don’t have to be extreme, just consistent.
179. With physical prep work, you know if you go to the gym, you will get the size. There’s no chance it won’t happen. The emotional prep work is a variable. You could step onto the set one day and have a disconnect with your thoughts and feelings and have a rough day acting because you can’t quite tap into what you need. – Chris Evans
180. Less sugar, more fruit. Less soda, more water. Less driving, more walking. Less worry, more sleep. Fewer words, more action.
181. I would like to propose slow cycling. Commute by bike. At a stroke, you remove the need for an absurd cost of public transport. Cycling is almost completely free. There is no longer any need for the gym as you get fit by cycling. And you can go at your own pace. – Tom Hodgkinson
182. The best way to predict your future is to create it. Remember famous hard work quotes and keep going.