Let’s take a moment to celebrate the incredible contributions our grandmothers have made into our lives, shall we? These extensive collections of grandmother quotes by famous people will remind you to look back and give thanks to our loving, supportive, ever generous grandmothers! Enjoy!
1. So long as they had access to their grandchildren, grandmothers wholeheartedly reported feelings of excitement and pleasure on the arrival of a new grandchild. For most, the wonder of the experience well and truly compensated for any anticipated downsides. – Doreen Rosenthal
2. Grandmother a wonderful mother with lots of practice.
3. As I learned from growing up, you don’t mess with your grandmother. – Prince William
4. A grandmother is one of those rare individuals who you may always depend on.
5. Because grandparents are usually free to love and guide and befriend the young without having to take daily responsibility for them, they can often reach out past pride and fear of failure and close the space between generations. – Jimmy Carter
6. On a deeper note, being a grandmother provides you with an opportunity to help your grandchild gain a sense of who he or she really is. – Deborah Williams
7. Being a mother and grandmother, my maternal instinct made me want to do for my associates what every mother wants to do for her children what’s best for them. – Mary Kay Ash
8. My grandmother was always encouraging me to set goals and work hard to achieve them. She would tell me not to be a follower and not to set limits on what I could achieve. She truly believed that there were no limits that you could achieve whatever you wanted. – Catherine Pulsifer
9. I want a world where my grandchildren are welcomed and valued for who they are and what they can contribute, in the workplace and elsewhere. It is a wish that many of us share. – Trudy Bourgeois
10. Grandparents should play the same role in the family as an elder statesman can in the government of a country. They have the experience and knowledge that comes from surviving a great many years of life’s battles and the wisdom, hopefully, to recognise how their grandchildren can benefit from this. – Geoff Dench
11. There aren’t too many things that are more comforting on this earth than a hug from grandma.
12. Being an everyday grandmother has kept me young at heart, I know all the newest fads and fancies. I am way hipper than most of my friends. – Trudy Jo Hahn Snader
13. So what do I really know about being a grandmother? Well, I remember what I didn’t like as a child. I also loved being a mom, but I have to tell you that being a grandmother has brought a whole new side of life the fun side to me. – Janet Steele
14. When we were young, many of us had wise elders in our lives. Early in my life, like many of you, I encountered wise older people who seemed to know something about life. They may have been grandparents, an aunt or an uncle, or a mentor. Likely there was some older person in our life who we sensed had found it. – John Izzo, Ph D.
15. My grandmother always encouraged teamwork, not just in the sports she played with us but in all aspects of life. She said being part of a team is like being part of life. – Kate Summers
16. Our grandmother didn’t like the word retirement, she said life is for living not for retiring. – Catherine Pulsifer
17. Every parent knows that children look at their grandparents as sources of wisdom and security. – David Jeremiah
18. My grandmother would say, make sure you look good. Make sure you speak well. Make sure you remain that Southern gentleman that I’ve taught you to be. – Jamie Foxx
19. When a child is born, so are grandmothers. – Judith Levy
20. Grandmas never run out of hugs or cookies.
21. A grandmother is a mother who has a second chance.
22. Grandmas hold our tiny hands for just a little while but our hearts forever.
23. Perfect love sometimes does not come till the first grandchild. – Welsh Proverb
24. My grandmother is my angel on earth. – Catherine Pulsifer
25. A grandmother is a little bit parent, a little bit teacher, and a little bit best friend.
26. A grandma’s name is little less in love than is the doting title of a mother. – William Shakespeare
27. It is as grandmothers that our mothers come into the fullness of their grace. When a man’s mother holds his child in her gladden arms he is aware of the roundness of life’s cycle, of the mystic harmony of life’s ways. – Christopher Morley
28. I feel like my grandparents and parents gave me a tremendous amount. And if I can pass some of that on, then I’ll be very happy. – Caroline Kennedy
29. A grandmother pretends she doesn’t know who you are on halloween. – Erma Bombeck
30. It’s such a grand thing to be a mother of a mother that’s why the world calls her grandmother.
31. It took me a long time to get used to the reality that my grandmother had passed away. Wherever I was, in the house, in the garden, out on the fields, her face always appeared so clearly to me. – Huynh Quang Nhuong
32. When trying to determine the difference between a negative and positive force, ask yourself, how will I feel when my mother and grandmother read about this in the front page of the newspaper? – David DeNotaris
33. Sadly, some folks want others to feel their pain, to hurt as much as they do or more. My grandmother once told me to avoid colds and angry people whenever I could. It’s sound advice. – Walter Anderson
34. My name is no no but grandma calls me precious.
35. Grandma serves kisses, counsel and cookies daily.
36. Every secret of life I know, I learned at my grandfather’s knee.
37. Grandmother. The true power behind the power.
38. Grandmothers sprinkle stardust over children’s lives.
39. Grandmas and grandpas are grand angels.
40. My grandmother taught me everything except how to live without her.
41. I still loved granny. It flowed out of my chest. With granny gone, where would my love go?
42. Grandma, it was to grandma I truly wanted to have returned, but she was no more.
43. Grandparents are a delightful blend of laughter, caring deeds, wonderful stories, and love. I miss you, grandma.
44. For myself, one of the sweetest words I have ever heard is nana.
45. A golden heart stopped beating, hard working hands at rest. God broke our hearts to prove to us that He only takes the best.
46. We had a wonderful grandmother, one who never really grew old, her smile was made of sunshine, and her heart was solid gold.
47. Happiness is being great grandmother.
48. I know what it is like to be brought up with unconditional love. In my life that came from my grandmother.
49. A garden of love grows in a great grandmother’s heart.
50. Grandma always made you feel she had been waiting to see just you all day, and now the day was complete.
51. Just when a grandma thinks her work is finished someone calls her great.
52. I loved their home. Everything smelled older, worn but safe, the food aroma had baked itself into the furniture.
53. Grandmas hold our tiny hands for just a little while, but our hearts forever.
54. Mommy knows a lot, but grandma knows everything.
55. A grandma’s name is little less in love than is the doting title of a mother.
56. A great grandmother’s heart is a patchwork of love.
57. Just about the time a woman thinks her work is done, she becomes a grandmother.
58. There is no greater achievement than being a grandmother who tells fairy tales to grandchildren.
59. What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies.
60. Being a mother and grandmother is the best of the best in my life. My grandchildren multiply the joy my daughters bring me.
61. Grandparents are a family’s greatest treasure, the founders of a loving legacy, The greatest storytellers, the keepers of traditions that linger on in cherished memory. Grandparents are the family’s strong foundation. Their very special love sets them apart. Through happiness and sorrow, through their special love and caring, grandparents keep a family close at heart.
62. A grandmother pretends she doesn’t know who you are on halloween.
63. You were my anchor, without you I am adrift.
64. Grandma, we’ll always remember that special smile, that caring heart, that warm, embrace, you always gave us. You being there for all of us through good and bad times, no matter what.
65. Grandma, you will always live in my heart and thoughts.
66. Not only were you my best friend, but also the best person I have known. You will be missed, grandma.
67. It still hurts, I still can’t get used to the fact that you are not with us anymore. No one ever had a better grandmother.
68. When I said goodbye to my grandma, a part of my heart died too.
69. I keep believing that you didn’t die, you became a star to always show me the right way from the skies. Miss you, grandma.
70. A grandmother used to say that we were two souls separated in heaven.
71. You may be gone from my sight, but you will never be gone from my heart. I may not be able to see your face, but I will always see your sweet smile. I may never hear your voice again but you will forever echo in my soul.
72. If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I’d walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.
73. The moment that you left me, my heart was split in two. One side was filled with memories; the other side died with you. I often lay awake at night when the world is fast asleep, and take a walk down memory lane with tears upon my cheeks. Remembering you is easy, I do it every day, missing you is a heartache that never goes away. I hold you tightly within my heart and there you will remain, you see life has gone on without you, nut will never be the same.
74. I still can’t believe how much room for love and care you had in your heart.
75. God saw you getting tired and a cure was not to be. So He put His arms around you and whispered come to me.
76. I thought grandmothers had to like you. It’s a law or something.
77. Your life was a blessing, your memory is a treasure, you are loved beyond words and missed beyond measure.
78. You were like a second mother to us. You were a kind and strict teacher at the same time. Grandma, you will be missed.
79. Grandma, I know you’ve loved me since I was born, but I will love you my whole life.
80. Death takes the body. God takes the soul. Our mind holds the memories and hearts keep the love. Our faith lets us know we will meet again.
81. A grandmother is a mother who has a second chance.
82. Grandmother a wonderful mother with lots of practice.
83. Grandmothers are the people who take delight in hearing babies breathing into the telephone.
84. Grandma doesn’t mean old, it means blessed and loved.
85. Grandparents make the world a little softer, a little kinder, a little warmer.
86. I keep myself busy with the things I do. Bit when I pause, all I can think of is you.
87. Once heaven is done with grandma, we’d like to have her back.
88. I know God takes the best, but it hurts so much, grandma. I wish you were her with us.
89. Sometimes our grandmas and grandpas are like grand angels.
90. Why had my grandfather gone to so much trouble to have my grandmother’s letters bound into a book so carefully and lovingly? Since no one ever spoke about my grandmother around me, it had not occurred to me that my grandfather truly cared for her. I held in my lap the history of their love affair, something I had not acknowledged before.
91. If your baby is beautiful and perfect, never cries or fusses, sleeps on schedule and burps on demand, an angel all the time, you’re the grandma.
92. My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She’s ninety seven now, and we don’t know where the heck she is.
93. Granny always said finding justice was as tough as putting socks on a rooster.
94. Some of the world’s best educators are grandparents.
95. You left me beautiful memories, your love is still my guide, and though we cannot see you, you’re always at my side.
96. Grandma came back from that distance in time that separates grandmothers from their grandchildren and made herself a mother to me.
97. My grandmother loved me when I was invisible to everyone else.
98. A grandmother who was delighted by all their quirks and who thought they were the most amazing creatures on earth.
99. Perhaps they are not stars in the sky, but rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy.
100. Grandma, your life was full of loving deeds, forever thoughtful of our special needs. Today and tomorrow, my whole life through, I will always love and cherish you.
101. My grandson is a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to a tomorrow I may never see, and the keeper of my heart for all eternity.
102. My grandmother, she’s been the positive portion of my life the entire time.
103. The simplest toy, one which even the youngest child can operate, is called a grandparent.
104. There’s no place like home except grandma’s.
105. Grandmothers and roses are much the same. Each are God’s masterpieces with different names.
106. No spring, nor summer hath such grace. As I have seen in one autumnal face. – John Donne
107. As grandma said, if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.
108. Grandma serves kisses, counsel, and cookies daily.
109. Grandmothers are just antique little girls.
110. Grandparents, like heroes, are as necessary to a child’s growth as vitamins.
111. Children are often spoiled because no one will spank grandma.
112. A grandmother is a babysitter who watches the kids instead of the television.
113. Unconditional positive regard is rarely given by anyone except a grandparent.
114. When a child is born, so are grandmothers.
115. Grand motherhood initiated me into a world of play, where all things became fresh, alive, and honest again through my grandchildren’s eyes. Mostly, it retaught me love.
116. I want to be a sunshine grandma.
117. Grandparenting is the stage in life when you finally understand the true meaning of the best is yet to come because you’ve reached it.
118. Becoming a grandmother brought me back to the things I forgot to love. Nature. Playing. Seeing animals. A new way of looking. A rejuvenation. A cycle of life things come back to you. The details.
119. I look out the window sometimes to seek the color of the shadows and the different greens in the trees, but when I get ready to paint I just close my eyes and imagine a scene.
120. Grandmothers are wonderful ladies who always seem to place others in front of themselves.
121. A grandmother is someone special in your life someone who always has time, time to listen, time to play time to visit the zoo time to linger and look at the things i want to do time to laugh, time to sing,time for me, her grandchild, just to be time to read, time to walk time to let me just play at the dock. – Catherine Pulsifer
122. There aren’t too many things that are more comforting on this earth than a hug from grandma.
123. A grandmother is one of those rare individuals who you may always depend on.
124. Grandmother doesn’t mean that you have gray hair and you retire and stay home cooking cakes for your grandchildren. – Carine Roitfeld
125. A grandmother pretends she doesn’t know who you are on halloween. – Erma Bombeck
126. No one who has not known that inestimable privilege can possibly realize what good fortune it is to grow up in a home where there are grandparents. – Suzanne La Follette
127. If becoming a grandmother was only a matter of choice, I should advise every one of you straight away to become one. There is no fun for old people like it. – Hannah Whithall Smith
128. The thoughts of becoming a grandmother is one which one cannot hold the excitement. It is a great experience. One that replaces no other. – Catherine Pulsifer
129. What a wonderful contribution our grandmothers and grandfathers can make if they will share some of the rich experiences and their testimonies with their children and grandchildren. – Vaughn J. Featherstone
130. All grandmothers are made of gold, but mine sparkles.
131. A grandmother is like an angel, who takes you under her wing, she prays and watches over you and she’d gift you anything.
132. I have a guardian angel in Heaven. I call her grandma.
133. Grandmothers are wonderful ladies who always seem to place others in front of themselves.
134. Grandmas are moms with lots of frosting.
135. Grandma’s listen because they care and helpful advice always willing to share.
136. The real miracle of life occurs when your child’s child is born.
137. We should all have one person who knows how to bless us despite the evidence, Grandmother was that person to me. – Phyllis Theroux
138. A child needs a grandparent, anybody’s grandparent, to grow a little more securely into an unfamiliar world. — Charles and Ann Morse
139. A mother becomes a true grandmother the day she stops noticing the terrible things her children do because she is so enchanted with the wonderful things her grandchildren do. — Lois Wyse
140. You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother. – Albert Einstein
141. One of the most powerful handclasps is that of a new grandbaby around the finger of a grandfather. – Joy Hargrove
142. Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. – Doug Larson
143. There are fathers who do not love their children, there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. – Victor Hugo
144. Every house needs a grandmother in it. – Louisa May Alcott
145. Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you’re just a mother. The next you are all wise and prehistoric. – Pam Brown
146. It’s such a grand thing to be a mother of a mother that’s why the world calls her grandmother.
147. A grandmother is a little bit parent, a little bit teacher, and a little bit best friend.
148. If nothing is going well, call your grandmother. – Italian Proverb
149. I think I’m a fan of people who were brave, my aunt, my grandmother, those are my heroes. – George Eads
150. A house needs a grandma in it. – Louisa May Alcott
151. Grandmothers are voices of the past and role models of the present. Grandmothers open the doors to the future. – Helen Ketchum
152. When it seems the world can’t understand, your grandmother’s there to hold your hand. – Joyce K. Allen Logan
153. She seems to have had the ability to stand firmly on the rock of her past while living completely and unregretfully in the present. – Madeline L’Engle
154. Grandmas don’t just say that’s nice they reel back and roll their eyes and throw up their hands and smile. You get your money’s worth out of grandmas.
155. Grandma and grandpa, tell me a story and snuggle me with your love. When I’m in your arms, the world seems small and we’re blessed by the heavens above. – Laura Spiess
156. It’s impossible for a grandmother to understand that few people, and maybe none, will find her grandchild as endearing as she does. – Janet Lanese
157. Grandmas never run out of hugs or cookies.
158. A grandma’s heart is a patchwork of love.
159. A garden of love grows in a grandmother’s heart.
160. A grandmother is a safe haven. – Suzette Haden Elgin
161. A grandparent is old on the outside but young on the inside.
162. I did stand up for my grandparents every day when I was, like, eight. – Ariana Grande
163. If you’re lucky enough to still have grandparents, visit them, cherish them and celebrate them while you can. – Regina Brett
164. When grandparents enter the door, discipline flies out the window. – Ogden Nash
165. Perfect love sometimes does not come until the first grandchild. – Welsh Proverb
166. Grandma always made you feel she had been waiting to see just you all day and now the day was complete. – Marcy Demaree
167. If I had known how wonderful it would be to have grandchildren, I’d have had them first. – Lois Wyse
168. Your sons weren’t made to like you. That’s what grandchildren are for. – Jane Smiley
169. Grandmothers hold their grandchildren in a special place in their heart. – Catherine Pulsifer
170. A grandmother thinks of her grandchildren day and night, even when they are not with her. She will always love them more than anyone would understand. – Karen Gibbs
171. Grandmothers always have time to talk and make you feel special. – Catherine Pulsifer
172. A grandmother always has time for you, even if the rest of the world is busy. – G. Saunders
173. Grand parenting is the stage in life when you finally understand the true meaning of the best is yet to come, because you’ve reached it.
174. There are grandmothers out there who would move heaven and earth for their grandchildren. Janice Elliott-Howard
175. A grandmother is a remarkable woman. She’s a wonderful combination of warmth and kindness, laughter and love. She overlooks our faults, encourages our dreams, and praises our every success.