If meditation isn’t a part of your daily or weekly routine, you may be missing out on an opportunity to improve your focus, mental stability, and sense of purpose throughout the day. Meditation is an age-old practice that hones in on clearing your mind and expelling mundane thoughts to reach a state of total clarity and relaxation. Ideally, you’ll experience the sensation of an empty mind in meditation – mental emptiness leads to a sense of peace that will improve your ability to stay mindful throughout the day. Practicing mindfulness regularly may help to reduce stress and anxiety for a happier life.
Clearing your mind entirely can be difficult, especially for those who are new to meditation. Meditation beads are a tool that you can use to achieve and maintain mindfulness. Meditation beads can act as a focal point when you meditate, drawing you back to a calm, quiet state of transcendence. That being said, meditation beads are also used by experienced meditators. They can help people remember and recite mantras during meditation, or even serve as a spiritual rosary.
If you’re ready to purchase meditation beads for your spiritual practice, know that there are several options available to you. From the material used to construct the beads to the band that strings them together, there are numerous meditation bead options available today. Here, we’ll cover the factors to consider while shopping for meditation beads, then list out the best options to buy now.
Uses for Meditation Beads
Meditation beads can be used in a variety of ways to enhance your meditation sessions. However, there are two main purposes for meditation beads: one is remembering mantras, and the other is regaining focus.
1. Remembering and Reciting Mantras
Mantras in meditation are words or phrases that you recite to guide and bring meaning to your practice. Mantras are individual – they’re intended to address your unique goals or intentions in meditation. They’re also intended to build spiritual energy that can be used for healing through meditation. Mantras may even help ease anxiety and lower blood pressure.
Many people find mantras helpful because they bring focus and purpose to meditation. Mantras can help to settle the mind on a specific goal for deeper clarity. Reciting mantras may be especially helpful for you if you struggle to calm down and quiet your inner monologue during meditation.
Examples of mantras include:
- “I am kind to myself.”
- “I have a purpose in my life.”
- “I am enough.”
- “I am that I am.”
- “Aum” or “Om”, which translated to “it is”, “it will be”, or “it will become”.
Meditation beads can help you recite your mantras. Traditionally, you hold the mala beads in your right hand and rotate the beads one at a time using either your thumb or second finger. You rotate the mala beads one at a time with each mantra repetition.
Meditation beads can also help you remember a series on mantras. For this purpose, you’ll count the beads to make sure that each mantra has been recited.
2. Regaining Focus During Meditation
Meditating, especially for long periods of time, can be difficult. Many people struggle to keep the mind from wandering. Events from the day, tasks that need to get done, and even daydreams can interrupt meditation, making it tricky to be fully mindful. Mindfulness is key to meditation and may help you find greater meaning and purpose in your life.
Meditation beads can help with retaining focus during meditation. The beads serve as a physical anchor to bring your mind back to the practice of meditation when it wanders. Having a simple, weighted object like meditation beads reinforces the feeling of being fully present and calm.
The Significance of 108 in Meditation Beads
Mala beads contain 108 beads. 108 is a significant number in Hinduism. While there are variations on the interpretation of this number, it’s typically understood as follows:
- 1 represents God or a higher power
- 0 stands for humility and clarity
- 8 stands for infinity
Meditation bead strands typically contain 108 beads to signify the number’s meaning. Many people believe that by using beads in this quantity, you’ll strengthen your meditation with the power of transcendence, clarity, and infinity.
Meditation Bead Material Types
Meditation beads can be made out of all the different types of materials, with each different material having a unique meaning or power. The beads are typically constructed from some variety of gemstone, wood, or other natural material like Bodhi seeds.
In sanskrit, Bodhi means awakened or enlightened. Using meditation beads made from Bodhi seeds are believed to help meditators reach enlightenment. Bodhi seeds may also promote wisdom, peace, mindfulness, and connection.
Tiger’s Eye Stones
Tiger’s eye stones are a striking type of gemstone. Besides their beauty, tiger’s eye stones may promote harmony, strength, courage, and confidence. Tiger’s eye stones are also said to help people have conviction in their decisions.
Obsidian is a dark-colored stone that’s believed to encourage clarity in your meditation. This stone may promote strength, growth, and emotional stability.
Amethyst is thought to improve memory, motivation, and balance. It may have the ability to ease feelings of stress, anxiety, and grief to improve your mental state.
Quartz is believed to have cleansing powers to dissipate negative energy. It may be helpful in meditation to empty the mind and promote a sense of clarity.
Sandalwood is believed to promote stress relief, tranquility, and relaxation. It has a unique scent that may enhance awareness and focus during meditation.
Unakite is a pink and green stone is associated with rebirth and balance. It’s said to promote spiritual growth and ease feelings of pain or anger.
Why Do Meditation Beads Have Tassels?
Many meditation beads feature a tassel that marks the end of the beads. The tassel is significant because it represents completeness or oneness with the divine. The tassel, which is the point at which the strings holding the beads come together, is a symbol for our connection to a higher power, as well as each other.
Our List of Top Meditation Beads Available Today
Despite the fact that meditation beads are a specialized product, there are countless varieties of them available online today. We’ve sifted through them to find the best meditation beads to purchase. These beads were chosen for their quality and price point, as well as the benefits that they can provide to meditation.
Tiger Eye Bracelet
This beautiful tiger eye bracelet was made for meditation, stress relief, and yoga. High-quality, natural tiger eye stone beads were used to construct this bracelet, which makes it both attractive and functional. The natural stone beads have a low density, making them lightweight and comfortable to wear. The cool, smooth feeling of the beads in your hands can significantly reduce stress and anxiety, as well as aid in meditation.
In addition to the tiger eye stones, this bracelet features semi-precious lava rock stones. Lava rock is effective at absorbing essential oils. So, this bracelet can retain the scent of your favorite essential oil all day long for further stress relief.
This bracelet has an adjustable cord so that you can get a perfect fit. The inner length measures 6.7 inches to 9.4 inches, making it a suitable choice for men and women of all ages.
- The smooth, hard feel of the tiger eye stones are highly beneficial in meditation.
- The lava rock stones can hold onto the scent of essential oils to provide further benefits throughout the day.
- The adjustable chord of this bracelet can help you find a close, comfortable fit.
- This bracelet has an attractive look that works well for all different occasions.
- This bracelet is a highly affordable option when compared to other meditation beads on the market.
- The small stones placed at the ends of the pull strings may knock into objects and be uncomfortable.
- The bracelet may come loose at times after being tightened and need readjustment.
Mala Beads Gemstone Obsidian Healing Bracelet
These obsidian stone meditation beads can help you keep track of mantras or mundras during meditation and yoga. The set features obsidian beads and polished metal beads, optimally positioned with metal spacers and gemstone beads separating them. The gemstone beads are authentic gold tiger eye stones, giving this bracelet a striking, elegant look.
Obsidian is an authentic volcanic glass which has been shown in crystal therapy to improve peripheral circulation and digestion. It’s also said to diffuse negativity and promote introspection. Gold tiger eye, on the other hand, may help ease fear and anxiety while promoting courage and confidence.
This bracelet contains 108 beads. 108 is a sacred number in Hinduism, making this bracelet a symbol for balance, humility, and truth. The use of this bracelet in meditation and yoga may enhance your practice with heightened mindfulness and lessened tension. Plus, this meditation bead bracelet has a high-quality elastic band for a comfortable fit that allows you to slide the bracelet on and off easily.
- This mala bead bracelet features a combination of obsidian, metal, and gold tiger eye beads to provide a combination of benefits to meditation.
- The elastic band used in the construction of this bracelet allows you to comfortably slide it on and off.
- The number of beads included in this bracelet holds symbolic meaning to enhance your meditation and yoga sessions.
- This bracelet is exceptionally affordable when you consider the number, quality, and variety of beads included.
- The turquoise-colored beads may become tarnished from rubbing against the silver metal beads over time.
- The elastic band used to string the beads together may wear out or snap with frequent use.
Mala Beads for Yoga Meditation
This set of mala beads features 108 6mm beads. The set comes in three different color options: turquoise, antique white, and earth. The beads also feature a Rudraksha gemstone, which is believed to provide energy, power, and mental peace to those who wear it.
Each of the mala beads featured in this necklace are hand-knotted between every seed and gemstone. This bead placement can help you keep track of your mantras and recite them easily.
This meditation bead set comes with a mantra, guide to mala and affirmations, linen drawstring pouch for easy storage, rose gold-plated charm, and Guru bead with a tassel. These included extras can be used to strengthen your meditation experience and yoga practice.
These beads are blessed by a Buddhist monk before being sold. The design comes from Ubud in Indonesia for complete authenticity. The beads are made specifically to coordinate with the human chakras and energy system.
- These mala beads come in multiple colors so that you can select the option that appeals the most to you.
- This meditation bead set comes with multiple extras, including a convenient linen storage bag and a helpful guide to mala and affirmations.
- The beads are well-made and have a smooth, weighted feeling in the palm.
- This mala bead set is relatively high-priced when compared to other available options.
- The hand-knotted cord used to string the beads together may stretch out over time.
Premium Mala Beads Necklace
This mala bead necklace features 108 “MeruBeads” that measure 8mm each. These beads come in several different varieties so that you can find the ideal option to complement your meditation practice. The various bead options each provide unique benefits. For example, the Amazonite beads are said to enhance creative inspiration, while the rose quartz beads are said to boost self-love, self-care, and peace. All of the bead varieties have a comfortable, weighted feel.
The beads of this premium necklace are all hand-knotted and threaded on a cotton string. The string is durable and one-size-fits all. You can wear it as a necklace, bracelet, or simply hold it in your palm during meditation. The tassel included at the end of each string of mala beads is made from natural silk for a soft feel.
This mala beads necklace comes with a 100% cotton carrying bag, as well as a mantra card that you can use during meditation. Each bead variety comes with a different mantra to coordinate with its unique benefits.
- The large variety of different bead types available with this meditation necklace will help you find a style to suit your needs. Also, understanding the special properties that each type of bead provides can enhance your meditation practice.
- The beads are all hand-knotted to keep them secure.
- The tassel at the end of this mala bead necklace helps prevent the strand from breaking while contributing softness from natural silk.
- This mala beads necklace is more expensive than some of its competitors.
- The tassel is secured to the strand of beads only by a small knot and may fall off after use.
DharmaObjects Tibetan Buddhist Meditation Rosary
This mala bead rosary is designed for use during meditation and yoga. It’s made with genuine seed of the Bodhi tree from Bodh Gaya, which gives it an authentic look and feel. However, you may also opt to purchase this meditation bead set in a different color or material, including: red, black, brown, ebony wood, kadam wood, lotus seed, nyatoh wood, orange, red lotus seed, rosewood, rudraksha, and yellow.
This set of mala beads has an adjustable multi-strand nylon string for both comfort and durability. The beads each measure approximately ⅜ inch in diameter for a comfortable feel when held. This set of meditation beads also comes with a free silk pouch for convenient carrying and storage.
- These mala beads are larger than many other available options, which many people prefer for meditation and relaxation.
- The large variety of color options available for this mala bead set will help you find the style that best suits you.
- These mala beads are lightweight for easy wearing while providing a gentle, weighted feel in the palms for meditation.
- The Bodhi seed beads have a natural, attractive look to promote mindfulness and relaxation.
- Due to the wooden material used to create these mala beads, they may have a strong odor.
- The included silk pouch is relatively small, which may make it difficult to get the beads into it.
108 Black Lava Stone Mala Necklace
This mala necklace for meditation, yoga, and prayer features 108 beads made from black lava rock. Black lava rock is beautiful, durable, and porous. The porous quality of this type of stone means that you can use it to naturally diffuse aromatherapy oil. You can simply rub a small amount of the oil on the mala beads to reap its aromatic benefits throughout the day.
This strand of mala beads can be easily wrapped around the wrist or worn as a necklace. It features a black tassel to mark the end of the strand, as well as Tibetan silver-plated accent beads to make the mala beads stand out. Additionally, this black lava stone necklace ones with a woven burlap storage pouch that you can use for storage, transport, or for giving the necklace as a gift.
- This mala bead necklace is exceptionally affordable.
- The black lava stone beads are porous and can naturally diffuse your favorite essential oil.
- This mala bead necklace comes with a 100% money back guarantee.
- These meditation beads come with a free woven burlap bag for safe, easy storage.
- The tassel can become easily knotted.
- The strand used to hold these mala beads together isn’t stretchy, so it may be hard to put on and take off as a bracelet.
- There’s glue between each mala bead in this strand that may melt off in high heat environments.
Newstone Kyoto-Made Ojuzu Buddhist Prayer Beads
These Buddhist prayer beads can work wonders for meditation. Constructed from Sendan wood, these beads are made by craftsmen in Kyoto, Japan. To prove its authenticity, this bead bracelet comes with a Certified Kyoto Rosary Manufacturing Association tag. This bracelet also features a 3-inch tassel made from brown rayon.
These meditation beads are strung together with a durable braided rope. The wooden beads have a smooth feel and vary slightly in size due to the nature of the material. The bracelet comes in an attractive box for gifting or storage.
- The braided rope used to string these beads together makes the entire bracelet durable and easy to use.
- The genuine Sendan wood beads have a relaxing feeling in the palms and a rustic, natural look.
- The tassel is attractive and won’t tangle easily.
- The convenient box that this bracelet comes in provides the ideal place for storage.
- The natural wooden beads are inconsistent in size, which may impact some meditators’ practices.
- The wood is more lightweight than some other materials used to make meditation beads and may not provide the weighted feel that many people seek.
CMEI Sandalwood Jaap Mala 108 + 1 Beads
This set of mala beads for meditation is made from natural sandalwood. The beads may vary slightly in size due to the natural wood material. It features 108 beads plus one “guru bead”, as well as a red tassle. The string measures 18 inches in length and is made from cotton.
The sandalwood material used to construct these mala beads has a strong, pleasant scent. Sandalwood has a similar smell to incense, as sandalwood is often used to make incense sticks as well. The sandalwood scent may help deepen your meditation practice.
These mala beads are hand-knotted for quality and durability. The cotton thread is bright red in color for an attractive look. This string of meditation beads contains 108 beads and can be used as a rosary jaap mala.
- The natural sandalwood used to construct these mala beads has a pleasant fragrance that can enhance your meditation practice by promoting focus and clarity.
- The hand-knotted cotton string used to hold together these mala beads is both attractive and durable.
- This mala bead necklace is an affordable option for budget-conscious shoppers.
- Due to the fact that sandalwood is a natural wood, it doesn’t have a weighted feel like other types of meditation beads.
10mm Genuine Sandalwood Mala Fragrant Buddhist Meditation Beads
These meditation beads are made from 100% genuine sandalwood, which comes from Mysore in southern India. Also, the sandalwood beads have a natural fragrance that’s soothing and promotes relaxation. This unique aroma may significantly enhance your meditation practice by increasing your focus and concentration. These meditation beads don’t contain any artificial oils for fragrance; the aroma is completely natural.
These meditation beads may be worn as a bracelet or as a necklace. 108 meditation beads plus one guru bead are included. This strand also features a yellow tassel. The beads measure 10mm each and the total length of the strand is 38 inches.
- The sandalwood used to make these meditation beads is 100% genuine and comes from India; the beads aren’t made in China like many of their competitors.
- These beads have a natural sandalwood scent to promote mental clarity during meditation.
- The entire length of this strand of meditation beads is 38 inches, which is long enough for you to wrap it around your wrist several times or wear it as a necklace.
- These meditation beads are more expensive than some other available options.
- The sandalwood used to make these meditation beads may not provide the weighted feel that many people seek in mala bead necklaces.
Unakite and Moonstone Mala 108 Beads
This set of meditation beads is made with a combination of all-natural unakite beads and moonstone spacers. Unakite is a beautiful type of stone that’s both deep green and orange/pink in color. The moonstone spacers are light brown in color to complement the unakite. This set of meditation beads also features a unakite guru bead and a sage green tassel made from cotton.
These meditation beads each measure 8mm in diameter, while the guru bead measures 10mm in diameter. The circumference of the entire necklace in approximately 36 to 37 inches.
These mala beads are strung on high-quality beading wire. The wire is made so that it will provide strength and drape without stretching out over time. These mala beads are handmade in the United States.
- This unakite and moonstone used to construct this mala bead necklace are beautiful and beneficial to your practice.
- These mala beads are strung on a durable beading wire to prevent snapping or damage over time.
- The large circumference of this meditation bead strand means that you can wear it as a necklace or a bracelet.
- While these meditation beads aren’t the most expensive option on this list, they’re not the most budget-friendly option, either.
Cat Eye Jewels 6mm 8mm Natural Stone 108 Buddhist Prayer Beads
This meditation bead necklace or bracelet features 100% authentic natural stone. It comes in a wide range of different stones, including: amazonite, amethyst, black agate, garnet, labradorite, red agate, rhodonite, tiger eye, and white howlite. With the ability to select the stone that you want, you can get the style and benefits that will work best for you.
This necklace features 108 natural stone beads, metal spacers, and seven lava rock chakra beads. Lava rock is naturally porous and can be used to diffuse your favorite essential oils. When you add just a small drop of your essential oil of choice to the lava stone beads, it will absorb the scent so that you can enjoy it throughout the day.
Each of these meditation beads measures 6mm in diameter. They’re strung on an elastic jewelry cord for comfort – the cord can stretch to fit your wrist or neck. The jewelry cord is also durable to prevent snapping and damage. The entire circumference of this strand of mala beads is 68 centimeters, or 26.7 inches.
These meditation beads come in a sleek velvet bag for storage, transport, or for giving the bracelet as a gift. Cat Eye Jewels, the maker of these meditation beads, offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee with your purchase. They’ll promptly replace the beads or refund your money if you’re not fully satisfied.
- With the many, many different options of stone that you have to choose from, you can ensure that this meditation bead necklace is the right fit for you.
- These meditation beads are strung together with sturdy elastic jewelry cord for both comfort and long-lasting quality.
- This colorful meditation bead necklace is a great value for its low price.
- These beads come in a convenient storage bag that’s also great for gifting.
- This strand of meditation beads is made for 6 to 8.5-inch wrists, so it may fit too loosely or tightly depending on the size of your wrists.
- Some of the beads included in this meditation bead necklace are plastic and their color may rub off.
It’s clear that meditation beads of all kinds may provide invaluable benefits to your meditation practice. Fulfilling meditation often hinges on your ability to clear your mind and free it from distractions. Meditation beads can help you achieve a clear, unfettered state of mind by anchoring your thoughts. These special beads are like a touch point serving to bring you back to clarity, peace, and relaxation.
As we’ve also learned from this article, there are many, many varieties of meditation beads available online today. While all of the meditation beads listed above can enhance your practice, they differ greatly in the features and benefits that they offer. There are several strong contenders for our top recommendation, but the Tiger Eve Bracelet, our very first listing in this article, is the winner. We chose this set of meditation beads above the others for its combination of beautiful tiger eye stones and lava rock, which can absorb essential oils. The bracelet has an adjustable cord for comfort no matter your wrist size, and it comes at an exceptionally affordable price.
Of course, the meditation beads that will work best for you depend on your individual goals and priorities. Consider the features offered by the options listed above to determine which one will best serve you in meditation.