Meditation balls are designed to help you remain focused and calm when meditating. Because of this, many often use them to reduce stress and tension during their meditation sessions. However, there are a vast amount of meditation balls available to invest in and each range in their designs and sizes. To help you narrow down your search, this article will explore more behind what to look for in meditation balls and the top ten products on the market today.
- Brass Statu Marble Baoding Balls
- Top Chi Stainless Steel Meditation Balls
- Thy Collectibles Marble Meditation Balls
- OwnMy Galaxy Meditation Ball
- TGG Wooden Meditation Balls
- Thy Collectibles Rosewood Meditation Balls
- Mina Heal Crystal Meditation Ball
- Brass Statu Baoding Stress Balls
- Polar Jade Stone Meditation Ball
- Coolrunner Marble Baoding Meditation Balls
What are Meditation Balls?
Meditation balls, also known as Baoding balls, are small items that are meant to be placed in your hands when meditating. Created in China, the meditation balls help to reduce tension and stress in your body which can improve your meditation session. Meditation balls are constructed out of various materials, such as rosewood and marble, and sometimes contain chimes inside of them.
How to Use Meditation Balls
Meditation balls are very easy to use. To start, simply take the meditation balls and place them in your hand. Once you do so, create a loose fist around them and start using your fingers to move the meditation balls around in your palm in a clockwise motion for a few minutes. Then, reverse the direction and do the same routine for a few more minutes. When you’re done doing so, you can place the meditation balls in your other hand and repeat this process. Eventually, as you get used to one or two, you can start to add more meditation balls to your routine.
Can Meditation Balls Make Current Pain or Injuries Worse?
Meditation balls are designed to help keep you relaxed and even reduce hand and wrist pain. However, it’s important to start slowly. If you use meditation balls for a long period of time without allowing yourself to get used to them, it could worsen any current pain you might have. It could also lead to hand cramps. Because of this, it’s crucial to begin slowly and eventually increase the amount of time you use these meditation tools.
The Benefits of Using Meditation Balls
There are many benefits that come with using meditation balls.
They Help to Keep You Calm
One of the main benefits of meditation balls is that they help to keep you calm. This is because they work to send messages to your brain which might be causing your body to feel tense, anxious, or stressed. The constant rhythmic movement of the meditation balls in your hands encourages your brain to relax which can significantly calm you down.
They Can Improve Your Circulation
Another interesting benefit of meditation balls is that they can improve your circulation. This is because you are twirling the balls in your hands which helps to increase the blood circulation in them. The contact the meditation balls have with your skin also works to warm those areas up which can contribute to better blood circulation as well.
It Can Help with Reducing Hand and Wrist Pain
Because meditation balls are believed to press on acupuncture points in your hands, they can calm the nerves and muscles in and around them. This can lead to reduced hand and wrist pain making meditation balls helpful to use if you have arthritis or other severe hand injuries.
What to Look for in Meditation Balls
Before shopping for meditation balls, it’s important to keep a few things in mind. Below are a handful of shopping aspects to consider before investing in some.
Decide if You Want One or Two
When shopping for meditation balls, you’ll find they either come with one or two balls. One meditation ball might be ideal for beginners as it can help you to get used to the sensation of this meditation tool. On the other hand, two meditation balls can often give you better results and are good for those who have been meditating for a while.
If the Meditation Balls are Hollow or Solid
Another thing you’ll need to look at is if the meditation balls are hollow or solid. While solid options might be heavier, they don’t contain chimes or bells in them and tend to be a little more durable. Hollow meditation balls are lightweight and occasionally contain chimes inside them. However, hollow meditation balls do sometimes clink together if they hit each other.
If the Product Comes with a Carrying Bag or Box
A carrying bag or box can be very useful if you plan to invest in meditation balls which is why it’s a good idea to make sure the product you’re interested in comes with one. A carrying bag or box for meditation balls usually comes in stylish designs and can help you to transport these items around easily. In addition to this, they protect the meditation balls from being scratched or from collecting dust if they are left out.
Best Meditation Balls
1. Brass Statu Marble Baoding Balls
The Brass Statu Baoding Balls are made out of durable Chinese marble and measure two inches wide. The balls weigh less than one pound which makes them lightweight and portable. These meditation balls are polished making them very smooth and easy to hold. The meditation balls feature a mixture of black and gray colors which is designed to help keep your brain calm when you meditate. The Brass Statu Marble Baoding Balls come with a yellow bag and wooden box which you can store them away in. The bag and box provided also help to prevent the balls from being damaged if you plan to transport them around. They will cushion them and keep them secure until you need to use them again. However, you might find that the yellow bag could be a little difficult to open due to the zipper sometimes sticking or catching on the fabric.
Because of its small and smooth design, this product is meant to ensure you not only are able to meditate well, but also help with calming your nerves, reducing fatigue, and increasing finger strength. They are also very easy to rotate in your hands which makes them ideal for both seasoned meditators and beginners to use. This product is made of solid marble and doesn’t contain chimes or bells.
- They are lightweight and easy to transport around.
- This product comes with a carrying bag and wooden box.
- The meditation balls are extremely durable and can withstand heavy usage.
- They can be used not only for meditation sessions, but to help with hand injuries and nerve damage.
- They don’t have chimes.
- This product might be a little pricey for some.
- They might be a little small if you have large hands. This could make it difficult for some people to use.
2. Top Chi Stainless Steel Meditation Balls
These meditation balls by Top Chi are constructed out of solid stainless steel which gives them not only a stunning polished look but ensures they stay durable as well. Its stainless steel construction also prevents them from rusting or tarnishing which is a common problem with metals. The meditation balls weigh less than one pound and measure 1.5 inches wide making them very easy to move around in your hands.
The Top Chi Stainless Steel Meditation Balls come with a compact bag made of a soft wool-like material. This helps to prevent the bag from scratching the meditation balls and works to make it easier for you to transport them around. The bag also helps to keep the balls clean and free from dust. A small fabric disc comes with this product which you can use to cushion the meditation balls when they are in the bag to prevent them from hitting each other. Once you place the balls inside, you can then secure them with the zipper sewn into the top of the bag.
These meditation balls can be used by meditators as well as those who would like to increase their hand strength or improve damaged nerves. The balls are solid and do not contain chimes or bells in them. This means you’ll be able to use them in quiet spaces and without disturbing others.
- They are lightweight.
- They come with a carrying bag so you can transport them around with ease.
- The meditation balls can be used for various purposes besides meditating, such as stress relief and improving your circulation.
- They might emit a strong odor when you first use them.
- The balls are somewhat small which could make it difficult for those with large hands to use.
- They have a chrome layer which might chip a little bit.
3. Thy Collectibles Marble Meditation Balls
Thy Collectibles Marble Meditation Balls are constructed out of stunning blue corundum marble which gives the balls a unique blue color with hints of white in it. The meditation balls are not only designed to help keep you calm when meditating, but also encourage you to relieve stress, improve your circulation, and build strength in your hands and wrists. In addition to this, the meditation balls can help to increase energy in your body which can make you feel better both mentally and physically.
The meditation balls each measure 1.5 inches in diameter and weigh less than one pound. This makes them easy to hold and transport around thanks to their compactness. To use them, simply place both meditation balls in one hand and try moving them around at the same time. These meditation balls are solid and do not contain chimes or bells in them so you can use them in quiet places without fear of being noisy.
This product comes with a wooden box that you can place the balls in to help keep them safe when you aren’t using them. The box is decorated with vibrant red fabric and features a beautiful tassel on the edge.
- The blue corundum marble is very durable and can withstand heavy usage despite its delicate appearance.
- This product comes with a storage box that is padded with thick fabric to keep the meditation balls safe.
- They are lightweight and easy to transport around. This allows you to take them with you when on the go.
- They aren’t a perfect circle which might cause them to have a few rough edges. This could also make it a little difficult for you to move them around in your hands as they aren’t very smooth.
- The balls might be a little small for some which could make them difficult to move around.
4. OwnMy Galaxy Meditation Ball
This meditation ball by OwnMy Galaxy comes in a variety of different sizes and designs. You can choose from a meditation ball that measures 2.3 inches or 3 inches. Other design options include a lotus, globe, or solar system etched into the middle of the glass sphere providing you with a stunning item to use when meditating. As you hold the meditation ball, you’ll also find the etched art inside will change depending on the angle you are holding it at.
While this meditation ball can be moved around in your hands, it can also be looked at to help keep you calm and relaxed when meditating. You can place it on the ground in front of you or store it in the room you plan to meditate in. To help keep it secure when on the ground, the ball comes with a small crystal stand. This stand has a slight indentation in the middle of it which works to support the ball when you rest it on the stand.
This product weighs around one pound which makes it a lightweight option. In addition to helping you with your meditation sessions, this product can also be used to relieve stress and anxiety.
- It comes in many interesting designs that are meant to help keep you calm and relaxed.
- It’s large making it ideal for those who have big hands.
- This meditation ball can also work as an art piece and be put on a shelf or table with its stand.
- It’s an affordable option which makes it ideal for those who are on a budget.
- The meditation ball doesn’t have a carrying bag.
- The designs might be a little difficult to see.
- While the stand can help to secure the meditation ball, you need to be careful with any sudden movement or vibrations which could cause the ball to fall.
5. TGG Wooden Meditation Balls
The TGG Wooden Meditation Balls are made out of natural wood which gives them a beautiful deep brown design. Thanks to the smoothness of the meditation balls, they will be easy to move around in your hands for meditation purposes. You’ll also find them good to use to exercise your fingers and wrists, reduce stress, and even improve your blood circulation.
To use these meditation balls, take both and place them in one hand. After doing so, try moving them around with your palm and fingers. This product only requires you to use your hands for movement so you won’t need to invest in other items to use with these meditation items.
This product comes with a silk box that you can use to store the meditation balls in. This box is extremely compact, so you can transport it around without hassles if you’d like to bring your meditation balls with you while on the go. The box features two compartments which you can place each meditation ball in so they don’t slide around or hit the other. This silk box comes in two design options: blue and brown.
The TGG Wooden Meditation Balls are hollow which helps to make them lightweight. They have a diameter of 1.9 inches.
- They feature a polished wood design.
- The meditation balls come with a silk box to help keep them secure and clean when in storage.
- They are hollow making them very lightweight.
- While the silk box comes in two design options, you don’t get to choose the design you get. Instead, the box color is sent at random.
- They might be a little big for some.
- Because these wooden meditation balls are hollow, they might make slight noises when moving around in your hands if they happen to bump against each other.
6. Thy Collectibles Rosewood Meditation Balls
These meditation balls by Thy Collectibles are constructed out of rosewood which not only gives them a beautiful red color but features natural wood grains in the meditation balls as well. This product comes with two meditation balls which each measure two inches wide. Using these meditation balls is very easy to do as you just need to place both in one hand and then use your fingers to move them around in your palm.
These meditation balls are designed to help provide you with comfort when meditating. When you’re done, you can also use the meditation balls as a form of stress relief or to improve the flexibility in your hands and wrists. The Thy Collectibles Rosewood Meditation Balls weigh less than one pound which helps to make them very easy to use, even for those who might have severe hand pain or injuries.
These meditation balls are solid and do not contain chimes in them. This way, you can use them in quiet places without fear of making loud noises. Because the meditation balls are solid, they also won’t clink together when you use them in your hands as with hollow meditation balls.
Thy Collectibles Rosewood Meditation Balls come with a small storage box which is designed with a woven canvas-like fabric. On the top is soft silk covering which features Chinese symbols on it. To help make opening the box easier, there is a tassel attached to the front which you can use to lift the lid.
- It comes with a storage box that helps to keep the meditation balls both protected and clean.
- The meditation balls weigh less than one pound making them a lightweight option.
- They can be used not only for meditating but to help reduce stress and anxiety.
- They might be a little large for some.
7. Mina Heal Crystal Meditation Ball
The Mina Heal Crystal Meditation Ball features a 2.2-inch diameter and is created out of gold obsidian crystals. This gives the meditation ball a beautiful polished look. The crystals are also known for helping to block solar plexus chakra. Because of this, you’ll have a more tranquil meditation session without having to worry about distractions. In addition to meditation, this meditation ball can also help with reducing stress and anxiety.
This meditation ball by Mina Heal can be moved around effortlessly in your hands while meditating. Its smooth finish will help to make doing so easy and prevents the ball from poking your fingers. If you prefer to not move the meditation ball in your hands, you can instead place it on the stand that comes with it. This small stand is constructed out of wood which has a few legs carved into the bottom of it. The stand will help to keep the meditation ball supported when stored away. You can also use the stand to keep your meditation ball on a shelf or desk for easy access or to serve as an art piece in the room.
The Mina Heal Crystal Meditation Ball comes with a purple drawstring bag that you can use to transport this product around. It weighs less than one pound making it easy for most people to use.
- This meditation ball features a beautiful gold shine and is constructed out of durable obsidian crystals.
- It has a diameter of 2.2 inches making it easy for most to use in their hands.
- The ball is lightweight.
- It comes with a purple carrying bag which can help to keep the meditation ball safe from scratches.
- The stand that comes with this product isn’t the most durable.
- It’s only one meditation ball, not two.
8. Brass Statu Baoding Stress Balls
These meditation balls by Brass Statu are made out of black marble and measure 1.4 inches wide. Each ball weighs around 0.4 pounds making them very lightweight. Because of this, most people will be able to twirl them around in their hands without problems.
While these meditation balls are designed to be used to help you relax during meditation sessions, they can also be used to help relieve stress, depression, and anxiety. In addition to this, these Baoding balls by Brass Statu will not only help to clear your mind, but also improve the circulation in your hands and increase flexibility in your fingers and wrists.
This product comes in a stylish red box that features a plush yellow interior to help cushion the meditation balls inside when in storage. This box measures 4.5 x 8.5 x 6 centimeters and helps to not only keep them free from scratches and other damages, but also from collecting dust. The lid has a small lock on the front to help better secure the meditation balls inside.
The Brass Statu Baoding Stress Balls are solid and do not contain chimes or bells in them. This helps to prevent them from making loud noises if they happen to hit each other while in your hands.
- They are constructed out of durable marble which is polished to help prevent rough edges.
- They can be used for meditation as well as stress and anxiety relief.
- The meditation balls are lightweight and compact.
- These Baoding balls come with a red storage box to help keep them safe from damages and to make it easier to transport them around if necessary.
- While the storage box is stylish it’s not made of high-quality materials. Because of this, you’ll need to be gentle when using it.
9. Polar Jade Stone Meditation Ball
This meditation ball by Polar Jade is designed out of a vibrant amethyst crystal and has a two-inch diameter. Because of this small diameter, it helps it to fit comfortably in all hand sizes, even small ones. The meditation ball is polished so it’s extremely smooth and easy to move around in your hands.
Besides being used for meditation purposes, the Polar Jade Stone Meditation Ball can also be used to help relieve stress, emotional problems, and chakra balancing. This makes it a very versatile option as you can use it for many other purposes when not meditating. All of these healing properties are believed to be due to the power of the amethyst crystal which is known for calming and relaxing the brain.
In addition to rolling this meditation ball in your hands, you can also glide this amethyst meditation ball along your arms and legs to help provide these areas with energy as well. It can also be used to massage sections on your body to help release tension in them.
The Polar Jade Stone Meditation Ball comes with a dark wood stand which helps to support this meditation ball when you’re not using it. It weighs around one pound which makes it very lightweight and easy to transport around.
- The amethyst crystal is not only beautiful to look at, but comes with plenty of healing benefits.
- This meditation ball is lightweight and portable.
- It has a smooth exterior which helps to make it easy to roll around in your hands.
- This product comes with a small bag of crystals you can use alongside the meditation ball.
- The stand isn’t the most durable and could break after a few uses.
- It doesn’t come with a carrying bag which might make it a little hard to transport around.
10. Coolrunner Marble Baoding Meditation Balls
The Coolrunner Marble Baoding Meditation Balls measure two inches wide and feature a stunning grayish-white design. The corundum marble these meditation balls are made of is extremely durable and is coated to help prevent it from rusting or tarnishing.
These Baoding meditation balls can be rolled in your hands while you meditate. This can help you to fully relax and unwind when doing so. In addition to meditation, you can also use them to calm yourself in stressful or anxious situations because the constant movement works to relax your brain. These Baoding meditation balls can also increase the flexibility and muscles in your hands and wrists which makes them ideal to use if you suffer from medical problems such as arthritis or carpal tunnel syndrome.
Thanks to their small size, they can easily fit in all hand sizes. This way, you can adjust them around your fingers with ease. To use them, simply place them in the palm of your hand and then use your fingers to move them.
The Coolrunner Marble Baoding Meditation Balls come with a gray cloth bag which is 8 x 13 centimeters. You can place the meditation balls inside to keep them free from damage and to make it easier for you to transport them around. To help better secure them, there is a drawstring at the top which you can use to close the bag tightly.
- The meditation balls are made out of durable corundum marble.
- They are smooth which can make it easier for you to roll them around in your hands.
- These meditation balls come with a travel bag.
- This product is an affordable option.
- The carrying bag doesn’t have separate compartments, so you’ll need to be careful when moving around with the meditation balls to prevent them from hitting each other.
Meditation balls are the perfect tool to use to help keep your body relaxed and calm not only when meditating, but in stressful and tense situations as well. While all of these products come with plenty of benefits, our top pick is the Thy Collectibles Rosewood Meditation Balls. This product not only is constructed out of stylish and durable rosewood but is versatile and lightweight. It also comes with a carrying bag so you can easily transport the meditation balls around. Because of this, it’s perfect for both meditators and those who want to find a natural pain and stress relief method to use.