The perfect occasion to make memories with the people you cherish the most is the holiday season. It’s inspiring to once again connect with our friends, family and loved ones – they can make our hearts full! If you love the holiday season as much as we do, you’ll surely love these holiday quotes we compiled as well! Happy holidays!
1. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. – Mark Twain
2. You can’t have a narrow mind and a thick passport. – Pauline Frommer
3. Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey. – Pat Conroy
4. To travel is to live. – Hans Christian Anderson
5. We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm, and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open. – Jawaharial Nehru
6. To travel is to take a journey into yourself. – Danny Kaye
7. I have wandered all my life, and I have also traveled, the difference between the two being this, that we wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment. – Hilaire Belloc
8. The use of travelling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are. – Samuel Johnson
9. If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home. – James Michener
10. A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving. – Lao Tzu
11. No matter where you go, there you are. – Buckaroo Banzi
12. Every man can transform the world from one of monotony and drabness to one of excitement and adventure. – Irving Wallace
13. Adventure is worthwhile. – Aristotle
14. Our happiest moments as tourists always seem to come when we stumble upon one thing while in pursuit of something else. – Lawrence Block
15. All travel has its advantages. If the passenger visits better countries, he may learn to improve his own. And if fortune carries him to worse, he may learn to enjoy it. – Samuel Johnson
16. Once a year, go somewhere you have never been before. – Dalai Lama
17. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. – Helen Keller
18. A man of ordinary talent will always be ordinary, whether he travels or not, but a man of superior talent will go to pieces if he remains forever in the same place. – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
19. There is one voyage, the first, the last, the only one. – Thomas Wolfe
20. People don’t take trips trips take people. – John Steinbeck
21. I soon realized that no journey carries one far unless, as it extends into the world around us, it goes an equal distance into the world within. – Lillian Smith
22. Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind. – Seneca
23. I haven’t been everywhere but it’s on my list. – Susan Sontag
24. Make voyages, attempt them there’s nothing else. – Tennessee Williams
25. One of the gladdest moments of human life, methinks, is the departure upon a distant journey into unknown lands. Shaking off with one mighty effort the fetters of habit, the leaden weight of routine, the cloak of many cares and the slavery of home, man feels once more happy. – Richard Burton
26. Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse. – Thomas Fuller
27. I would rather own little and see the world than own the world and see little of it. – Alexander Sattler
28. Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen. – Benjamin Disraeli
29. One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things. – Henry Miller
30. To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries. – Aldous Huxley
31. I travel a lot, I hate having my life disrupted by routine. – Caskie Stinnett
32. For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move. – Robert Louis Stevenson
33. Travel is glamorous only in retrospect. – Paul Theroux
34. There is no moment of delight in any pilgrimage like the beginning of it. – Charles Dudley Warner
35. All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware. – Martin Buber
36. Half the fun of the travel is the esthetic of lostness. – Ray Bradbury
37. Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. – Robert Frost
38. Tourists don’t know where they’ve been, travelers don’t know where they’re going. – Paul Theroux
39. There are no foreign lands. It is the traveller only who is foreign. – Robert Louis Stevenson
40. He who does not travel does not know the value of men. – Moorish proverb
41. Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living. – Miriam Beard
42. To get away from one’s working environment is, in a sense, to get away from one’s self, and this is often the chief advantage of travel and change. – Charles Horton Cooley
43. Every man who possibly can should force himself to a holiday of a full month in a year, whether he feels like taking it or not. – William James
44. I’ve been homesick for countries I’ve never been and longed to be where I couldn’t be. – John Cheever
45. Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. – Mark Twain
46. If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness and fears. – Cesare Pavese
47. I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it. – Rosalia de Castro
48. Christmas is a time when you get homesick even when you’re home. – Carol Nelson
49. The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live. –George Carlin
50. We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give. – Winston Churchill
51. Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. – Dave Barry
52. Christmas is the spirit of giving without a thought of getting. – Thomas S. Monson
53. Christmas, the only time of year you can sit in front of a dead tree and eat candy out of socks.
54. May your walls know joy. May every room hold laughter and every window open to great possibility.
55. It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving. – Mother Theresa
56. What happens under the mistletoe, stays under the mistletoe.
57. No one has ever become poor from giving. – Maya Angelou
58. Holidays bring out the best in family dysfunction.
59. Maybe Christmas doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps means a little bit more. – Dr. Seuss
60. I’m dreaming of a white Christmas but if the white runs out, I’ll drink red.
61. Seeing isn’t believing. Believing is seeing.
62. What I don’t like about office Christmas parties is looking for a job the next day. – Phyllis Diller
63. May your home always be too small to hold all your friends.
64. One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in this living room on Christmas day.
65. Santa Claus has the right idea visit people only once a year. – Victor Borge
66. I think Christmas is about celebration and come on, on the inside everyone wants to dance.
67. What happens under the mistletoe, stays under the mistletoe.
68. My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple, loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?
69. Keep your friends close, your enemies closer, and receipts for all major purchases. – Bridger Winegar
70. Why is Christmas like a day at the office? Because you do all the work, and the fat guy in the suit gets all the credit.
71. Love the giver more than the gift. – Brigham Young
72. I like to compare the holiday season with the way a child listens to a favorite story. The pleasure is in the familiar way the story begins, the anticipation of familiar turns it takes, the familiar moments of suspense, and the familiar climax and ending. – Fred Rogers
73. The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Wishing you happiness. – Helen Keller
74. This is my wish for you peace of mind, prosperity through the year, happiness that multiplies, health for you and yours, fun around every corner, energy to chase your dreams, joy to fill your holidays. – D.M. Dellinger
75. Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love. – Hamilton Wright Mabie
76. Every piece of the universe, even the tiniest little snow crystal, matters somehow. I have a place in the pattern, and so do you. Thinking of you this holiday season. – T.A. Barron
77. As we struggle with shopping lists and invitations, compounded by December’s bad weather, it is good to be reminded that there are people in our lives who are worth this aggravation, and people to whom we are worth. Come, woo me, woo me, for now I am in a holiday humor, and like enough to consent. – William Shakespeare
78. New Year’s Day is every man’s birthday. – Charles Lamb
79. The joy of brightening other lives, bearing each others’ burdens, easing others loads and supplanting empty hearts and lives with generous gifts becomes for us the magic of the holidays. – W. C. Jones
80. The holiest of holidays are those kept by ourselves in silence and apart. The secret anniversaries of the heart. – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
81. I learned a long time ago that trying to micromanage the perfect vacation is always a disaster. That leads to terrible times. – Anthony Bourdain
82. There’s no vacation from being a parent. – Chevy Chase
83. In America, there are two classes of travel first-class and with children. – Robert Benchley
84. In the end, kids won’t remember that fancy toy or game you bought them, they will remember the time you spent with them. – Kevin Heath
85. The best things in life are the people we love, the places we’ve been, and all the memories we’ve made along the way.
86. Never go on trips with anyone you do not love. – Ernest Hemingway
87. A vacation helps to relieve stress and boredom, gives us a change of scenery, provides us with adventure, and helps to bring us closer to the people in our lives. – E. S. Woods
88. Chilling out on the bed in your hotel room watching television, while wearing your own pajamas, is sometimes the best part of a vacation. – Laura Marano
89. No matter what fabulous place I visit, I don’t feel like I’m on vacation unless I’m dehydrated and covered with sunscreen. – Chelsea Cain
90. Jet lag is for amateurs. – Dick Clark
91. Last year, I came away from the vacation thoroughly bloated and ten pounds heavier, convinced I’d blocked an artery and possibly shortened my lifespan by a few months. But I was also deliriously contented, which is surely what it’s all about. – Cash Peters
92. As you grow older, you learn a few things. One of them is to actually take the time you’ve allotted for vacation. – John Battelle
93. Quit your job, buy a ticket, get a tan, fall in love, never return. – Island Company
94. Do not wait until you are dying to go on vacation. I think if I had to give you one piece of advice that would be it. We put things off. We do not mean to, but we do. We carry around the assumption that there is plenty of time to do whatever needs to be done. – Marty Cauley
95. My first day back at work has inspired me to book my next vacation.
96. Now more than ever do I realize that I will never be content with a sedentary life, that I will always be haunted by thoughts of a sun-drenched elsewhere. – Isabelle Eberhardt
97. There should be sympathy cards for having to go back to work after vacation.
98. Traveling is like flirting with life. It’s like saying, I would stay and love you, but I have to go, this is my station. – Lisa St. Aubin de Teran
99. A good vacation is over when you begin to yearn for your work. – Morris Fishbein
100. When I was on a two-week vacation I noticed something. The vacation lasted a good long time then suddenly it was over. Life is like that also. – Fr. Cedric Pisegna CP
101. Some of your best ideas come when you’re on vacation. – Gautam Singhania
102. Don’t worry. Beach happy.
103. Take vacations, and go as many places as you can. You can always make money, but you can’t always make memories.
104. Life is better in flip flops.
105. Vacation mood, on.
106. Don’t count the days. Make the days count. – Muhammad Ali
107. Think about it, how do you feel when you are planning a vacation? You feel excited and happy. Your stress level is diminished, and this also affects your work in a positive way. – John Morgan
108. Moderation in exercise, eating and amusement is the best guarantee of a beneficial vacation. – Ollie Reeves
109. A one day holiday can at times be better than a one week vacation if you totally unplug for that one day. – Catherine Pulsifer
100. Trips and vacations are so much more. These experiences show you what’s possible and challenge you to examine the paths you’ll take in the future. – Blake Mycoskie
111. Excuse me while I taunt my Facebook friends with another picture of my beach vacation.
112. Good vibes happen on the tides.
113. I’m all about the palm trees and 80 degrees.
114. Say yes to adventure, especially in the summer.
115. Time for some vitamin sea.
116. Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability. – Sam Keen
117. When it comes to the summer months most people start to think about where they will be going on vacation. This is the time of year when most individuals take time off of work because the kids are out of school. It is the perfect time for everyone to spend time together and to regroup from the stress that is often experienced with everyday life. – Cindy Crawford
118. The joy of brightening other lives, bearing each others’ burdens, easing each other’s loads and supplanting empty hearts and lives with generous gifts becomes for us the magic of the holidays. – W. C. Jones
119. Sharing the holiday with other people, and feeling that you’re giving of yourself, gets you past all the commercialism. — Caroline Kennedy
120. Come, woo me, woo me; for now I am in holiday humor and like enough to consent. – William Shakespeare
121. Kindness is like snow. It beautifies everything it covers. – Kahlil Gibran
122. Take a break and chill because this is the time of the year to rejoice, celebrate and also feel rewarded.
123. Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home. – Edith Sitwell
124. May you enjoy all the gifts you received this holiday. Here’s wishing you a blissful holiday ahead.
125. Winter, a lingering season, is a time to gather golden moments, embark upon a sentimental journey, and enjoy every idle hour. – John Boswell
126. Happy holidays. Here’s wishing you all the joys of the season and the happiness all throughout the upcoming year.
127. Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall. – Larry Wilde
128. The season of festivities and wonder is waiting for you to unwrap joy and gaiety. Happy Holidays.
129. The holiday season is a perfect time to reflect on our blessings and seek out ways to make life better for those around us.
130. Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind. – Mary Ellen Chase
131. May the Spirit of the Holidays be with you throughout the New Year.
132. As we struggle with shopping lists and invitations, compounded by December’s bad weather, it is good to be reminded that there are people in our lives who are worth this aggravation, and people to whom we are worth the same. — Donald E. Westlake
133. There are three stages of man he believes in Santa Claus, he does not believe in Santa Claus, he is Santa Claus. – Bob Phillips
134. Warmest thoughts and best wishes for a wonderful Holiday and a Happy New Year.
135. There’s something about a holiday that isn’t all about how much money you spend. – Hilarie Burton
136. May your walls know joy, may every room hold laughter, and every window open to great possibility. — Mary Anne Radmacher
137. Happiness is there for the taking, and the making. — Oprah Winfrey
138. I am grateful for what I am and have. My thanksgiving is perpetual. – Henry David Thoreau
140. You can tell a lot about a person by the way they handle three things a rainy day, lost luggage and tangled Christmas tree lights. – Maya Angelou
141. Nothing says holidays, like a cheese log. – Ellen DeGeneres
142. May the miracles and heavenly gifts of Christmas gladden and fill your hearts with joyful songs, cheerfulness and laughter.
143. A holiday is an opportunity to journey within. It is also a chance to chill, to relax. It is when I switch on my rest mode. – Prabhas
144. Holidays any holiday are such a great opportunity to focus on bringing the family together. – Lidia Bastianich
145. I look forward to the holiday season every year. – Cate Blanchett
146. Christmas is the season when you buy this year’s gifts with next year’s money. Be thankful for what you have, you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough. — Oprah Winfrey
147. Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings. – William Arthur Ward
148. Christmas is a time when you get homesick even when you’re home. – Carol Nelson
149. Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people once a year. – Victor Borge
150. I find that it’s the simple things that remind you of family around the holidays. – Amy Adams
151. Faith makes everything possible in life, Love that kindles the heart, Hope this season will bring a smile. Stay blessed and have a Merry Christmas.
152. For me, I think everybody with half a heart tries to do their best to do their part of good during the holiday season. – Darren Criss
153. It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace. – Agnes M. Pharo
154. Christmas gives us the opportunity to pause and reflect on the important things around us. – David Cameron
155. Like snowflakes, my Christmas memories gather and dance each beautiful, unique, and gone too soon. – Deborah Whipp
156. I can’t wait to celebrate the holidays with you.
157. A friend is a gift you give yourself. — Robert Louis Stevenson
158. Take vacations, go as many places as you can, you can always make money, you can’t awakes make memories.
159. I hope your vacation gives you the pleasure you need so that you don’t have to think of any problems back at home. Enjoy your vacation.
160. I need a vacation, not a stupid weekend.
161. Don’t pick a job with great vacation time. Pick one that doesn’t need escaping.
162. Small cheer and great welcome make a merry feast. — William Shakespeare
163. Christmas, my child, is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it’s Christmas. – Dale Evans
164. Blessed is the match consumed in kindling flame. Blessed is the flame that burns in the secret fastness of the heart. – Hannah Senesh
165. Christmas is like candy, it slowly melts in your mouth sweetening every taste bud, making you wish it could last forever. – Richelle E. Goodrich
166. Peace on earth will come to stay, when we live Christmas every day. – Helen Steiner Rice
167. Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas time. – Laura Ingalls Wilder
168. The average vacation is one-tenth playing nine-tenths paying. – Arnold Glasow
169. Don’t bother me I’m on vacation.
170. Make your vocation your vacation. That is the secret to success. – Mark Twain
171. One-week vacations are too short to prevent burnout, by the time you relax enough not to think about the office the week is almost up. – Cecilia Mikalac
172. I want to vacation so long, I forget all my passwords.